Power Supply usage

plushkinn
Go to solution Solved by Starelementpoke,
15 minutes ago, plushkinn said:

That's the good reason. Thanks. I was about 99% sure to replace it and just it catched my eye.

Not just one of the parts. It can take the whole system with it

Guys, I have kind of old PSU cft-750-14cs for 750w by Chieftec with no power efficiency certificate that have been bought in 2011/2012.

Is it okay to use it with new i5-8400 + ASUS Prime z370-A + gtx 1070Ti build?

All comments will be appreciated!

Repalce it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Repalce it. 

what's the reason?

1 minute ago, plushkinn said:

what's the reason?

Because if it breaks and takes one of your parts with it you will regret it for the rest of your life

Just now, cl4nk said:

Because if it breaks and takes one of your parts with it you will regret it for the rest of your life

That's the good reason. Thanks. I was about 99% sure to replace it and just it catched my eye.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:08 PM, plushkinn said:

Guys, I have kind of old PSU cft-750-14cs for 750w by Chieftec with no power efficiency certificate that have been bought in 2011/2012.

Is it okay to use it with new i5-8400 + ASUS Prime z370-A + gtx 1070Ti build?

All comments will be appreciated!

Please replace it. I beg you. That Cheapo PSU can break your whole system so don't ever cheap out on PSUs.

15 minutes ago, plushkinn said:

Not just one of the parts. It can take the whole system with it

20 minutes ago, plushkinn said:

Wattage isn't too much of a concern as long as it's a quality PSU. The new TXM's would do fine : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

If you need something a bit cheaper: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2 or  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

7 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

What's the difference between 550w and 650w? So if i want to add something to PC there's will be no room for it, right? That's why 650w is better?

And the second one, bronze or gold one? Isn't it all about efficiency only, is it? Just for less money spending to pay bills?

1 minute ago, plushkinn said:

What's the difference between 550w and 650w? So if i want to add something to PC there's will be no room for it, right? That's why 650w is better?

And the second one, bronze or gold one? Isn't it all about efficiency only, isn't it? Just for less money spending to pay bills?

The only difference between the 550W and 650W is that one is the watts. You'll have some room with either, just more with the 650. And yes, it's not just about efficiency. I'm just going to link the thread on it so I don't have to type it all out: