[FIXED] Can't Boot With USB in BIOS

Cyguns
Go to solution Solved by Wh0_Am_1,

1 minute ago, Cyguns said:

Okay.

image.jpg

Ok, try legacy.

I wanted to install Windows fresh on my laptop but I can't make it boot using the USB. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3542.

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cyguns said:

I wanted to install Windows fresh on my laptop but I can't make it boot using the USB. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3542.

image.jpg

Set Boot Option #1 to the drive that you would like to boot into.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

7 minutes ago, Homeless Pineapple said:

It won't work.

11 minutes ago, Homeless Pineapple said:

try the uefi boot list option then pls upload an additional photo

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

try the uefi boot list option then pls upload an additional photo

Okay.

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Cyguns said:

Okay.

image.jpg

Ok, try legacy.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, try legacy.

Okay. Here is a picture.

image.jpg

hit set boot priority if possible and then set the USB storage device as the priority boot device, or in some BIOSes you select the desired boot drive (the USB storage device in this case) and move it up. then when you have done that, select save and restart your computer. your computer will then search for a bootable USB device whenever it starts, and try launch through that and if it fails to find such a device it launch via the HDD.

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

hit set boot priority if possible and then set the USB storage device as the priority boot device, or in some BIOSes you select the desired boot drive (the USB storage device in this case) and move it up. then when you have done that, select save and restart your computer. your computer will then search for a bootable USB device whenever it starts, and try launch through that and if it fails to find such a device it launch via the HDD.

Can I boot form boot options? (F12)

Yeah that works too, but is much easier to recover from a bluescreen crash with the USB drive set as the priority bootdrive, as long as you are willing to wait an extra second every time you turn on your computer.

5 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yeah that works too, but is much easier to recover from a bluescreen crash with the USB drive set as the priority bootdrive, as long as you are willing to wait an extra second every time you turn on your computer.

The boot option menu won't detect the USB drive but it detects in the BIOS.

image.jpg

Interesting... I have never had that happen before I would recommend setting the USB device as the priority boot drive in this case. I'm sorry to leave you hanging like this  but, my family is calling I really GTG. Bye!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Interesting... I have never had that happen before I would recommend setting the USB device as the priority boot drive in this case. I'm sorry to leave you hanging like this  but, my family is calling I really GTG. Bye!

Okay. Bye!

Ok, I am back did you get it working?

14 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, I am back did you get it working?

No.

Hey man, I'm glad you got it to work. Nice job.