The 5 GHz coffee lake club

26 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Truthfully, a CPU only needs to be as stable as you need it to be for your particular workload. 

Which is what I said to people telling me on reddit that I need to stress test it for a whole hour to determine temps and stability. 

I'll just use IBT standard now because I dont want to push 100% load through it for a full hour, and then increase voltages if 3D benchmarks / games arent stable as I'm currently doing. 

But if places are selling pre binned chips, then in that case they ought to be 100% stable for everything as you are paying loads to get one of those.

Linus is my fetish.

• 5 weeks later...

My CPU can no longer 5 Ghz :(

Civ VI was destroying it, constant crashes unless I upped the voltage past 1.4v which my 140mm radiator cant handle.

Meanwhile 4.9 Ghz is working without these problems at 1.35v.

Damn you civ VI!

Linus is my fetish.

On 17/01/2018 at 12:43 PM, thenotoriousmma said:

@5,2Ghz

intelburn 5,2.PNG

Holly shit thoes temps are impressive 

delidded and what cooler ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 17/01/2018 at 4:37 PM, done12many2 said:

I might just be a more validated bin as well.  I believe OCUK runs their chips through Prime95 testing before selling them.  This is why their chips would appear to clock lower than those from Silicon Lottery.  They all bin chips.  One retailer doesn't magically get a lot more higher binned chips than another.  They just verify their stability at those claimed speeds differently.  

I do belive ocuk sell there chips rated with 0 avx offset too so if ur getting 4.9 with no avx u could probly do 5/5.1 and a -2 offset on the 4.9 rated chip

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper