Keyboard/Mouse & Audio Cut Out Randomly

Hey guys,

I recently had problems with my computer, specifically with my PSU. I discovered my PSU malfunctioned and my computer constantly rebooted every five minutes because my motherboard warned me of it's surge protection. So I got a new PSU, the EVGA 650W 80+ Gold. Everything is running perfectly for the most part, except every once and I while, specifically when I am gaming, my keyboard, mouse and audio cut out randomly and sometimes completely and then I have to reboot my computer. My hunch led me to update my motherboard drivers, and that solved nothing. So at this point I am assuming my motherboard might have been minorly malfunctioned when my old PSU broke down. Thoughts?

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A

CPU: I5 4690K (Overclocked from 3.5 to 4.5)

CPU FAN: 212 EVO

GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB corsair vengeance

PSU: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

SSD: 125 GB 

HDD: 1TB Western Digital

MONITOR: LG 29UM68-P (Overclocked to 80Hz)

Your old PSU may have damaged your bridge controller that controls USB and Audio. You could try connecting to USB ports that are not controlled by the same bridge but that may not be an option. You could also try connecting a USB hub to each port one by one, trying each one with your mouse and keyboard connected to it. Then moving to a different port if it malfunctions, trying to find one that is stable. 

26 minutes ago, mthoward said:

You could also try connecting a USB hub to each port one by one, trying each one with your mouse and keyboard connected to it. Then moving to a different port if it malfunctions, trying to find one that is stable. 

If that doesn't work, make sure the peripherals themselves weren't damaged by trying them on another computer/different peripherals on your computer or you could try something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Mailiya-Expansion-Superspeed-Connector-Desktops/dp/B01G86538S/ref=zg_bs_229185_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N27VDKD9W0XXDNQWVBGS

A relatively cheap usb hub expansion card. I haven't used this one, so I'm not recommending it it was just the first thing that popped up on amazon.