LOTS of RX 580 GPU'so (Which is Best?)

UneekConcepts

Hi Everyone, 

So I am disabled and ended up selling my high end Intel Gaming Rig last year to start a business and for the past 6 months I've been pinching pennies to build myself a decent new Gaming rig. I'll give a complete run down at the end for anyone interested but basically for the past 4 months I've been keeping eagle eyes everywhere looking for deals, clearances, open-box or anything else to allow great deals and quite frankly I think I put together a hell of a Rig for my extremely tight budget. That being said, I wanted to get a GTX 1070ti GPU, but was DEFINITELY  out of my budget so I decided on a RX580 8GB GPU, hardest part (if I wanted to stay on budget) was actually finding stores with something in stock! I ended up finding one and ended up with a XFX GTS Black Core Edition, which has great reviews (haven't used it yet, though everything came in, I ended up having to exchange my AIO CPU Water Cooler, so will fire the Rig up on Wednesday). Basically though I am wondering,  while scouring for components I really noticed there is quite a lot of different brands and models of the RX580 out there and was wondering if anyone has been able to do tests on a fair share of different cards by chance? I know if you only have ONE RX 580 then obviously THAT one is the best! =-P

But yeah I'm just curious even if maybe you only compared 3 or 4. As I was doing my research I've definitely noticed a "Head of theach Pack" RX580 as far as reviews and sales, which is the Sapphire NITRO+ 8GB Card, THIS one here. Anyone have that specific card? And how do you like it.

Thanks for your time,

- Rich

P.S. I'll make a 2nd post with my Rigs "Build Sheet", isn't anything special but hopefully will get the job done. 

I personally have a RX 580 8GB Aorus card,and it has a ton of coil whine  and plastic finish of it feels cheap like I can brake it. Every time i take it out of computer I can just feel the cheap plastic. If i were you I would aim for a  Sapphire, they seem to have the best build quality in my opinion. Other then that a RX 580 is a great card. 

The prices of RX 580 and RX 570 cards are very high due to them being used for mining Ethereum and other cryptocoins.

It will be tough getting an RX 580 at decent price, you'd be better off buying a GTX 1070 but even those are being bought by miners these days.

If you want the best GTX 580 for mining, those would be the ones with Samsung memory chips and 8 GB of memory, followed by Hynix and then Elpida/Micron ... as far as I can remember. But the differences between memory chips are really not that big.

As for quality of construction ... I don't know what to say.. quite a few critique Sapphire single fan cards, saying the fan starts to make noise after a while so maybe avoid those ... I have a Gigabyte Aorus RX 570 in my system and it's perfectly fine, happy with it, though I'm not very picky about plastics quality and all that.... actually i can say that their Aorus software to manage the rgb logo (change from rotating colors to static color or no color) that came on CD crashes my Windows 7 computer but don't care about, left the logo stay rgb. 

Just now, MaorRX said:

it has a ton of coil whine

This has nothing to do with the model or manufacturer and is a matter of bad luck, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, UneekConcepts said:

Thanks for your time,

- Rich

Well, for RX 580s you mostly want to look at the cooler for silence / OC, and at the VRM for OC especially extreme (even under liquid).

Honestly, considering the low stock on any RX 580s, you'll struggle to find any at MSRP or even below $300. So grab what you can get. If you're not satisfied with its cooling performance you can buy and mount an Arctic Accelero GPU cooler - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186068

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The prices of RX 580 and RX 570 cards are very high due to them being used for mining Ethereum and other cryptocoins.

It will be tough getting an RX 580 at decent price, you'd be better off buying a GTX 1070 but even those are being bought by miners these days.

If you want the best GTX 580 for mining, those would be the ones with Samsung memory chips and 8 GB of memory, followed by Hynix and then Elpida/Micron ... as far as I can remember. But the differences between memory chips are really not that big.

As for quality of construction ... I don't know what to say.. quite a few critique Sapphire single fan cards, saying the fan starts to make noise after a while so maybe avoid those ... I have a Gigabyte Aorus RX 570 in my system and it's perfectly fine, happy with it, though I'm not very picky about plastics quality and all that.... actually i can say that their Aorus software to manage the rgb logo (change from rotating colors to static color or no color) that came on CD crashes my Windows 7 computer but don't care about, left the logo stay rgb. 

The aorus RGB software on my rx 580 caused my driver to stop working properly, and fps on games to get lower, i had to reinstall the driver for it to function normally again. (I was using windows 10)

My Rig. (Remember STRICT budget)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 (wanted it in white, was sent in black, didn't care enough to exchange)

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x

AIO CPU Water Cooler: Deep Cool Captain 240mm in Red

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G1 80+ Gold 650 Watt (I'll upgrade later if I ever decide to add another 580)

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RPG

GPU: XFX GTS Black Core Edition 8GB

SSD: Samsung 512GB Pro

Monitor: LG 29" 21:9 Ultra Wide w/ FreeSync (29UM60-P)

Headset: Audio Technica ATH-AG1

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech

Think that about sums it up, maybe I forgot some thing lol iono, I mean I didn't mention I got all Corsair Replacement fans for every fan available,  including the two high static for radiator and I bought a 5.75" to 3.5" Adapter because I bought a 3.5" bay Card Reader to help with my business,  but other than that I think that's about it. Any questions on the Rig send them via Message and we'll keep the post for the RX 580's

Thanks all,

Rich

2 minutes ago, UneekConcepts said:

My Rig. (Remember STRICT budget)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 (wanted it in white, was sent in black, didn't care enough to exchange)

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x

AIO CPU Water Cooler: Deep Cool Captain 240mm in Red

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G1 80+ Gold 650 Watt (I'll upgrade later if I ever decide to add another 580)

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RPG

GPU: XFX GTS Black Core Edition 8GB

SSD: Samsung 512GB Pro

Monitor: LG 29" 21:9 Ultra Wide w/ FreeSync (29UM60-P)

Headset: Audio Technica ATH-AG1

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech

Think that about sums it up, maybe I forgot some thing lol iono, I mean I didn't mention I got all Corsair Replacement fans for every fan available,  including the two high static for radiator and I bought a 5.75" to 3.5" Adapter because I bought a 3.5" bay Card Reader to help with my business,  but other than that I think that's about it. Any questions on the Rig send them via Message and we'll keep the post for the RX 580's

Thanks all,

Rich

I would hold off buying a GPU until the prices drop right now the price of a 580 is the MSRP of a 1070 so

My life

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Actually the prices of RX 580 has dropped quite a bit just in the paSt 2 weeks, BUT that's official sites, Newegg, Jet.com, B&H Photo, etc. But like I mentioned in the OP it's very hard to find them in stock, the window is usually 5 minutes, MAYBE 10-15 if they post at a weird hour. That's why your best bet is to notake only use nowinstock.net, but also use their text and email alerts. That's how I got mine, and I got in the window for the 8GB Sapphire earier tO'Day on Newegg for $380, I didn't have the money but wanted to grab two (two was limit) because they sell like hot cakes on eBay for $580-$600 + $25 shipping.

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I would hold off buying a GPU until the prices drop right now the price of a 580 is the MSRP of a 1070 so

Not even close, not at official sites at least. eBay maybe but a regular NON 1070 is going to be at LEAST $450 and that's ONLY if you catch it in stock at a major outlet, otherwise you looking at $500+ easy from eBay and 3rd party Amazon Sellers. Yet I got my XFX 8GB GTS Black Core Edition for $300 plus Newegg's $4.99 shipping.

Yeah the prices dropped, but then Ethereum jumped up from 1000$ last week to $1400 yesterday (now it's ~ 1300$) and  most likely it's gonna jump up again due to traders and Asian people coming from holidays.

So miners are still buying cards and mining is still quite profitable... just saying don't get your hopes up.  For example, most RX 580 cards on Amazon UK are only on pre-order, one per account, with deliveries around 12 of February 2018.

Maybe you guys in US are more lucky and can buy from retail stores, at least in my town there's no retail store or wallmart style store stocking RX 5xx cards. They only stock GTX 1050, anything else is online orders.

eth_ytd.png

Yea, gotta have luck on those major sites. I know that Newegg has THIS one in stock for a record breaking 3 minutes, BUT was listed at $249.99 AND it's a 8GB model. Although I know nothing about the Power color brand.

1 minute ago, UneekConcepts said:

Yea, gotta have luck on those major sites. I know that Newegg has THIS one in stock for a record breaking 3 minutes, BUT was listed at $249.99 AND it's a 8GB model. Although I know nothing about the Power color brand.

Damn i woulda bought that, i've been refreshing pages for 2 days and finally nabbed a 1080 for 550 flat. I was wantinga 580 ideally for msrp, or a 1070 for msrp, but no stock, 1080's are the same way as well as 1080ti's and 570's

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

If anyone wants a 4gb rx580 strike quickly

Here

And

Here

EDIT: sorry I took to long, both gone

EDIT #2: I literally left the room for 10 minutes to feed my dog when I got the text lol, sorry guys & gals

EDIT #3: My friend did send me a text though, THIS site has a MSI 8GB Model available,  BUT it's listed at $399.99 with free shipping. 399.99 maybe the borderline for some peeps

THIS is what gets to me! I mean keeping a eagle eye all day trying to find deals on major sites and mark it up $100-$125 on eBay I can see and understand,  I mean your basically spending hours working for it. But DAMN listing a RX 570 (it's a 8GB 570 but still) for $700! Is literally just crazy!

What I can't wrap my head around is the mention of being on a tight budget and going with a 1800x, 32gb of ram and a budget gpu? Unless you're a power user on the very extreme end you won't ever notice the difference between an evo and a pro in daily use.

1 hour ago, pzspah said:

What I can't wrap my head around is the mention of being on a tight budget and going with a 1800x, 32gb of ram and a budget gpu? Unless you're a power user on the very extreme end you won't ever notice the difference between an evo and a pro in daily use.

I was on a tight budget, but im a avid gamer and want to gameon settings that excite me. The components l got are NOT components l would usually use in one of my personal rigs but since i had a specific budget which if I told you what I have into the Rig you wouldn't believe me anyways so I will just say, yea thecomponents I have in the rig might be extremely desirable by someone, would that someone be me? Not normally, am I glad to have then? Very mucb so, it allows me to start gaming again! And like l stated  in my other post, I searched on components for 4 months finding deals I wanted to pull triggers on, like the Pro SSD you mentioned, yeaI could have just went to Amazon and bought the Samsung 500GB EVO SSD, but since I was taking my time anyways, why not just keep my eye out? I went to visit a local PC Shop in the next town over the next month and he had a 512GB SSD Pro, I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $150 (was a demo model.  New and unused but was om the shelf), I told him I'd keep looking, 20 minutes later I found a PC case I wanted to use for my Cousins build which was the AZZA Ttian and I asked what he wanted for that and he said $60, I kinda acted like it was more then i wanted to spend, but frankly my cosuin have me $100 for her case but he didnt need to know that right? So I mentioned to him that I woukd give him $190 for both the Pro SSD and the AZZA case and he accepted so in the end I purchased the Pro SSD for $10 cheaper then the EVO would have cost me, plus I didnt have to wait for shipping. Basically l just like playing the long game and have patients. At the time I knew I had to save around another $500 so I could have the money to buy my GPU, Motherboard and something else,  cant remember off hand, but non the less since im broke I knew it wws going to at least take a few moremonths to save the $500, so why rush into any buy? In w budget situation like that anyways lol. Shit i bought ALL the components for my Cousins PC in one day lol, but frankly she didnt care what it cost either. Haha.

Rich

RX 580's are a bad buy right now. You're better off waiting for prices to come down and going for something like a 1070 or a 1080.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814131712?nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=6163686&SID=jchmsvzf2u011rh100053

Available if ur quick

PowerColor RED DEVIL Golden Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHG/OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

@$379

The baby clue Sapphire has a quick stintthis morning at  10:20 am EST. Was sold out in 5 mins.  HERE is the baby blue version, looks cooler  (if it matches ur color scheme lol). IIRC the babu blue card is a bit cheaper but has a slower core clock.