is it worth getting a gpu

aries757

so i'm building something for 7-800 and im gonna use it mainly for editing- (audio mainly) and a little it of video- mainly using adobe and LMMS

extremely light gaming - csgo etc.

the shortage makes me question whether i should get one, 

either i7 6 core or a gpu...

MF UH BEANS

Which i7 did you have your eyes on?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

so i'm building something for 7-800 and im gonna use it mainly for editing- (audio mainly) and a little it of video- mainly using adobe and LMMS

Well if you don’t you’ll need to make sure your MotherBoard has inbuilt graphics 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

Just now, TheKDub said:

Which i7 did you have your eyes on?

i7 8700k...

MF UH BEANS

Just now, HK - 47 said:

Well if you don’t you’ll need to make sure your MotherBoard has inbuilt graphics 

the CPU had the integrated graphics not the mobo. so he will need to make sure his CPU has it.

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

i7 8700k...

yes its good for CS GO and games like it but dont expect that high of settings on AAA games 

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

yes its good for CS GO and games like it but dont expect that high of settings on AAA games 

not playing AAA Games...

sold the steam acount i owned them on.

MF UH BEANS

4 minutes ago, aries757 said:

i7 8700k...

8700K has Intel UHD Graphics 630. 1080p low settings you'll get around 80-100FPS with minimum settings on CS:GO, or around 30FPS on high settings.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

not playing AAA Games...

sold the steam acount i owned them on.

im just telling you, i hear people all the time oh ill never play this or this and then a few months later they post need upgrade to play so and so game what should i upgrade to. 

im just telling you, i hear people all the time oh ill never play this or this and then a few months later they post need upgrade to play so and so game what should i upgrade to. 

i'm mildly addicted to csgo... have played most TRIPPLE AAA  games and nothing made me crazy

MF UH BEANS

i'm mildly addicted to csgo... have played most TRIPPLE AAA  games and nothing made me crazy

siege is cs go on roids, i have 5k hours in cs but idk siege has got it beat for me. its so sexy looking too.

even for how little i play AAA games im glad i can boot up fallout 4 on max settings when i rarely feel like it. but im with you on the whole AAA games not blowing me away 

siege is cs go on roids, i have 5k hours in cs but idk siege has got it beat for me. its so sexy looking too.

played siege.. to shitty at it to enjoy.. 

MF UH BEANS

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

played siege.. to shitty at it to enjoy.. 

cs go has a steeper learning curve. im only DMG but it took me close to 3k hours to get there. with siege I played for about 2 weeks now and im raked gold (on the old season i haven't played ranked in the new season yet) 

If you are going to play CS:GO and can live with the setting turned down, it'll work.

I got CS:GO running at 30FPS on first gen intel HD in a laptop.

My Intel HD 5500 Acer  (With a lower power broadwell i3 Dual core) runs the game at 60 locked in 1920X1080 Low-Medium.

It sounds like you'd benefit more from high core counts then a beefy graphics card.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, CryptoMatt said:

cs go has a steeper learning curve. im only DMG but it took me close to 3k hours to get there. with siege I played for about 2 weeks now and im raked gold (on the old season i haven't played ranked in the new season yet) 

I wish I got Siege on PC; my stupid ass bought the PS4 version.

CS:GO pisses me off sometimes and other times I love it. Love -> hate relationship between me and that game.

Smurfs/Cheaters/Comp trolls annoy me to no limit. Smurfs & cheaters share the number #1 spot. For god sake play the game without keeping us in the lower rankings.
I'm stuck in Silver again btw, got to Gold Nova something something once; had bad matchmaking luck & lost it all.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Just now, Sfekke said:

I wish I got Siege on PC; my stupid ass bought the PS4 version.

CS:GO pisses me off sometimes and other times I love it. Love -> hate relationship between me and that game.

Smurfs/Cheaters/Comp trolls annoy me to no limit. Smurfs & cheaters share the number #1 spot. For god sake play the game without keeping us in the lower rankings.
I'm stuck in Silver again btw, got to Gold Nova something something once; had bad matchmaking luck & lost it all.

I like to think im good enough at CSGO to troll and still do good. ill usally just use a scout and drag and jump shot and do dumb like 80% of the time and I only solo comp so thats probably why it took me so long to rank up, but when I actually try you can say im sauceyyyyyyy, i love to make the other team salty and then wreak them. like throw first half then go hard on secound half and just rub salt in the would. only if they boast about winning. 

I do not mind having a laugh @CryptoMatt , like I do "troll" sometimes but that is more in the sense of "Do yoa now ze wae?" and sayin' stupid stuff like that between rounds to lighten the mood.

But when you are listening in Palace on Dust II for footsteps, and somebody screams "MAH QUEEN", then I get shot in the head; that is bad timing.

Time your jokes people, they are fun for everyone if you do that ;)

About rubbing the salt in the opposing teams wounds, I'm guilty of that .. 100% of the time.

Then I respond in calculated ways based on their responses on the previous rounds, throwing them off guard & making them sweat their balls off :)

When that happens to me I just play smart & press "Block all communication". Problem solved continue playing calm & peaceful.

Edited by Sfekke
Fixed spelling error.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

why not one of those new APU's with vega CU? i think they wore suppose to come out soon by either intel or amd and supposedly kicks intel graphics.

49 minutes ago, aries757 said:

Why not buy something like a Ryzen 5 2400G with good CPU + good graphics?

Combine that with 16GB DDR4 and it'll be good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The iGPU isn't bad but it does begin to hold you back if you're playing higher skill. I would try it and see if you're happy and if you're not pick up a 1030/used 750ti or something.

That's an F in the profile pic