Wacom Tablet pen Compatibility ctl 480.

Ok so I got a tablet from a friend who lost his pen for a ctl 480 drawing tablet and I was looking at replacement pens on ebay (They're really freaking expensive by the way).  I know this pen https://goo.gl/1Heawp works for the ctl 480 but does this varient also work?  Also is that a matte finish on this colour of pen I can't tell. https://goo.gl/ijMR72

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

nope, will not work

source? I know the normal ctl470 pen works with the ctl 480 what makes this one different

33 minutes ago, JohnYarowy said:

source? I know the normal ctl470 pen works with the ctl 480 what makes this one different

because it's not officially supported, therefore likely different technology in the pen.it might still read it in some capacity but wont be native

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

because it's not officially supported, therefore likely different technology in the pen.it might still read it in some capacity but wont be native

Dude you realise the 470 and 480 use the exact same tracker or whatever t's called, if you don't know for sure just let me know so I don't get sidetracked like this

1 minute ago, JohnYarowy said:

Dude you realise the 470 and 480 use the exact same tracker or whatever t's called, if you don't know for sure just let me know so I don't get sidetracked like this

if you already know that then what's the point of the thread? there is no official support for that specific pen with the CTL480, take that as you will.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

if you already know that then what's the point of the thread? there is no official support for that specific pen with the CTL480, take that as you will.

I don't exactly if it does, which is why I asked, not 100% sure.