Pc restarting on its own

Flavortown2k16

Ahoy hoy. My pc has restarted on its on twice now after ive build it mostly from new parts not so long ago. Both times i was playing something.

Latest restart happened about an hour ago and i was playing escape from tarkov, which does put the gpu under pressure quite a bit.

That and looking around a bit is leading me to belive that the issue is my gpu which i brought from my old pc( it didnt restart on its own in that)

I havent really done anything to fix it since it doesnt happen that often, but i got some questions i hope someone can answer.

1. I have the gpu powered with only one cord ( 2x 6/8 pin cord), so could it be that its restarting becouse of the psu limits it? Would it make any diffrence if i had one cord for each port? PSU is corsair rm750x

2. Could it be overheating, ive been running eft for quite a bit before it did it, sometimes tabbed out in menu though. I cant be asked to run furmark for couple hours just to see that,but i did it for about 20mins and it maxed at about 82c

3 This is bit of the topic, but is it worth getting 1080 to replace my 980ti. I got some parts from the old pc i can sell that will bring me quite a bit of dough + the 980ti would be getting sold afterwards.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Not worth going from 980Ti (essentially 1070/1070Ti) to 1080. 

Someone here did that upgrade as their 980Ti died and they didn't notice much of a framerate difference. 

Plug both cables into your GPU. 

Temps are fine. 

idk