delete this

I'm thinking about Overclocking my CPU as I'm going to be changing CPU's in the future, So I just want to see/know how much more performance I will gain before I make the switch :) Thanks in advance.

CPU: i5-6600K

All depends on the luck of the draw and what the specific chip can overclock to.

You can get a general idea of what most people can easily OC their chip to but you might get unlucky and can't get it that high or you can get it higher on the same voltages.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It really depends on how far you can push your clocks. My 7820x, for example, is about 33% faster with its current oc than stock. 

Main Rig: EK custom loop |2700x @ 4.25 Ghz| Msi X470 Gaming Plus | 32gb DDR4 | Aorus GTX 1080ti @ 2088 Mhz | TT Core X71 TG | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb + 256gb Toshiba NVMe + 275GB Crucial m.2

Laptop: Surface Book 2 15" |  i7 8650U 4.2 GHz | 16gb DDR3L | GTX 1060 6gb | 265GB NVMe SSD

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9jvNnH

Yeah it's called "silicon lottery". If you get more clock speed, you will see a performance difference. The i5-6600K can OC to 4.8-4.9Ghz if u got good cooler.

TBH, I only notice a difference in benchmarks. It's my fault though that I didn't compare it to games. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

The answer is dependent on knowing your frequency and workloads. Overclocking deals with luck of the draw, so we can only give you answers based on frequencies that have data from reviewers or customers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you play pubg the gains when you go past 4ghz should be rather large

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious