Gaming on a laptop with the power of a desktop using Synergy 2 and streaming software?

GoldenLag

Would it be possible to play on a mediocre laptop using Synergy 2 and a streaming software to link it to your desktop and leverage the power of the desktop to play games?

Yes there would be latancy, but say you were playing something like Universe Sandbox 2 in the livingroom. 

You can use Steam's in home streaming. Latency's okay, but I would definitely not use it to play something like CS:GO.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

6 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

You can use Steam's in home streaming. Latency's okay, but I would definitely not use it to play something like CS:GO.

Agreed that CS:GO isnt going to work well, but something like Kerbal Space Program or any demanding game without the need for quick reactions would work fine

34 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Agreed that CS:GO isnt going to work well, but something like Kerbal Space Program or any demanding game without the need for quick reactions would work fine

I've played KSP over the in home streaming on steam before and as long as you are careful on your timewarps, so you don't crash into a planet, you should be fine. You do lose some quality if you are playing with lots of mods and 8k textures, but the gameplay is fine. 

Can't speak for any other in home streaming thing though.

If your desktop and laptop are hooked to ethernet within your own house (like a local network) you can keep latency as low as possible, which should help. If you have a spare port on your desktop and hook that up to your laptop that should work too.