MSI GTX 980 w/ EK Waterblock - wanting to know compatible AIOs

Colty

So I'm looking at this GTX 980 on eBay, I was wondering what AIOs would be compatible if I decided to get it? Or would it all have to be custom tubing with a pump, res, ect?

As long as the screws match the reference 980, you could get a Corsair HG10 and use any Corsair AIO with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

As long as the screws match the reference 980, you could get a Corsair HG10 and use any Corsair AIO with it.

Would an NZXT G10 work the same way? And I'd rather keep the EK waterblock on it if possible for the style points. 

Just now, Colty said:

Would an NZXT G10 work the same way? And I'd rather keep the EK waterblock on it if possible for the style points. 

The G10 will work the same way, but I prefer Corsair's. If you want to keep the EK block you'll need to set up a full custom loop for it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Colty said:

there are some expandable AIO's out there, they should all work. 

i especially like the alphacool eisbear

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The G10 will work the same way, but I prefer Corsair's. If you want to keep the EK block you'll need to set up a full custom loop for it.

not quite actually!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Really? I thought they were essentially the same

well, they have common open-loop parts. like the fittings, that is actually the only reason why they would work with the block OP wants to use.

@Colty i noticed the waterblock on that 980 comes without a terminal. you might need to pick one up seperately to make this work!

Does anyone know if it's a standard PCB? I can grab a G10 and a 120mm AIO no problem, I just need to know if I should pull the trigger on this card.

11 minutes ago, Colty said:

Does anyone know if it's a standard PCB? I can grab a G10 and a 120mm AIO no problem, I just need to know if I should pull the trigger on this card.

nope, that's a board partner card, so no standard PCB.

9 hours ago, Colty said:

An nzxt kraken mount should do the trick, I would go for it.  

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

NVM saw price.  Go on Hardwareswap and get one for 220 USD, or a 980 ti for 300ish

10 hours ago, Colty said:

So I'm looking at this GTX 980 on eBay, I was wondering what AIOs would be compatible if I decided to get it? Or would it all have to be custom tubing with a pump, res, ect?

I'm not sure this gpu would be worth the money if you have to buy a bracket and aio cooler for it, by that point with the extra money you'd have to put in you could probably get a better gpu.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Alphacool, be quiet! Or fractal design are expandeble aio's go for at least 360 variant of any of this collers

you might also need a res to make it easier to bleed.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

2 hours ago, Colty said:

I found a Golden MSI 980Ti on Craigslist for $300 instead. Thanks for advising I look elsewhere!

Fantastic, much better deal