Threadripper

A working threadripper cpu in a AORUS gaming 7 x399 that had been working no problem. After a reset the cpu indicator light turn on and no post. Is it possible that because it is a foxconn socket that the cpu somehow becomes not seated properly and now the system is not working? Has anyone heard of this happening?

have you tried reseating the cpu and see if it still gives same error?

If its not working now you have nothing to lose by trying.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Yeah was gonna try in the morning just was throwing the question out. It's weird how it would just stop working. I could understand it not working right away but from going from stable to not working when nothing was done out of the ordinary is just strange.

make sure you don't have any stray mobo offsets shorting the board...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

10 hours ago, Diver1 said:

No I double checked that.

just a notice if you dont quote someones posts in a reply or @Diver1 them, they will never receive a notification you replied unless they are sitting on your thread and waiting and see you reply which is very unlikely

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

2 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

just a notice if you dont quote someones posts in a reply or @Diver1 them, they will never receive a notification you replied unless they are sitting on your thread and waiting and see you reply which is very unlikely

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at all of the pins on both the socket and the chip and everything looks okay no pits or abrasions. I am exchanging the motherboard that I got from amazon and hoping that the motherboard was just defective. If it is not that then I will know something is wrong with the cpu itself and have to try and return that. Thanks for the help.