Pouring rubbing alcohol in keyboard to clean it

Kyzer

Someone spilled beer in their laptop keyboard and now its no outputting correctly, if at all.

Will pouring rubbing alcohol in it evaporate it and make the keyboard work again? Obviously, I'm going to let it dry.

Its been non-functional for a week, since accident.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Do not just poor anything into a laptop. It will need to be disassembled and cleaned to have a chance at working again.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Just buy a replacement keyboard off of eBay once you've opened it up and are sure that nothing else is damaged in there.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

If the laptop has liquid damage it’s very unlikely putting anything in there will fix it.

42 minutes ago, Kyzer said:

Someone snip...

Um.. you mean you? And no, don't pour it in. However, you can take the keyboard out and try since it's already jacked up (don't see how completely dead keyboard is worse than it is now); however, any shorting damage would already be done.

Get a new keyboard, disassemble this laptop and clean out the rest of the beer?