Help! 1st time build with limited budget.

Singket

Hi good day!

I'm planning to build a rig for working and at the same time can be used for gaming. Most of my work will cover home based call center tasks with multiple application running in the same time and I will be editing videos for my friend's stream channel here in the philippines. My budget is $600.

I'm a fan of your channel. I do watch almost all of your videos, so I do have some ideas how to build my own rig but I don't have the confidence that I can build a good rig that can do what I want to do and I don't want to waste money if ever my build is not good enough.

I wish you can help me with my 1st rig. Thanks. More power to you guys and more subscribers.

Oh and a off topic question: how tall is linus? I'm really curious about this from the moment I started watching your vids. Thanks again! Salamat!

Try to wait for the Ryzen APU's and see if those are good enough for your Cpu+Gpu needs

They are being released early Feb

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

Linus doesn't really read the forum much.

Try to save up more or buy used parts - $600 US won't get much in the Phillipines.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 minutes ago, VaneBlade said:

Linus is 5' 6 lmao

Wait what, I'm taller than Linus?? He looks taller in the videos.

Anyways, I suggest na maghintay ka muna for Ryzen+ before building. It's got all of the multithreaded capabilities of current gen Ryzen plus better single threaded performance.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I'm not expecting that linus will reply in this post. Lol. But yeah I wish some of the members of the team will help me plan this out. Thanks! 

I don't really have the time to wait until feb tho. Someone is just sponsoring this build for me and I do have some connections in the PH for cheap brand new parts so it will not be a problem.