PC BSOD's sometimes

Gaurav S Rao

So hey guys..... I'm already have experienced 2 BSOD's on my 3-4 month old Gaming PC (specs in signature)... I'm running Windows 8.1 (yes 'cause i hate 10) 

Some time ago I got the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR BSOD tho it was last year (get it -_-?) So yeah.... and a couple of minutes ago it Bluescreened... i was on a call and couldn't see the bluescreen but i did notice that the PC rebooted and it asked if i send the error details to Microsoft.... now since i could not see the screen... i had no clear idea untill i checked Event Viewer and sure enough...... there were logs related to it.According to Event Viewer the ERROR code was 0x0000001e (googled it up.... its the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error) so there's the two BSOD's I've got so far......Is it related to a driver or could my hardware be faulty or damaged. So if you can help please do

Thanks

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Is your cpu or gpu overclocked, it could be an unstable overclock.  Other than that, it could be overheating, or something like a faulty HDD, ram or gpu.

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

8 minutes ago, henkka_scorpio said:

Is your cpu or gpu overclocked, it could be an unstable overclock.  Other than that, it could be overheating, or something like a faulty HDD, ram or gpu.

No.... my CPU isn't overclocked and my GPU is afaik not OC'd either.Though I'm suspecious that my RAM is faulty as it fails to overclock..... it cannot be overheating as the CPU fan runs at the slowest speed possible and BF1 ultra... cpu still quiet.My GPU isn't faulty for sure as it is able to run everything at ultra (whatever ive played) with no issues.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Run memtest86 overnight and report back

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Run memtest86 overnight and report back

this. 

31 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Though I'm suspecious that my RAM is faulty as it fails to overclock.....

that has nothing to do with it. overclocking is always a gamble, sometimes hardware can do it, sometimes not... if your ram functions normally without overclocking it isn't faulty.

She/Her

It may be because of a driver incompatibility, as they can sometimes update themselves stupidly and cause themselves issues, so i'd recommend going on your motherboard, GPU etc's website and downloading the latest compatible drivers and seeing if that fixes it or not

Unless these are constant or weekly / monthly occurrence, ignore. One thing with Windows is that every error or other issue it gets results in BSOD. Yours could be anything in that regard. But most likely is Windows update or driver update gone wrong. So unless this happens again soon, ignore.

I get BSOD on laptop probably every other month. With main system few times a year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Did you do a clean OS install, on an updated BIOS and did you install the latest AMD chipset drivers from their website?

On 1/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, johnukguy said:

Did you do a clean OS install, on an updated BIOS and did you install the latest AMD chipset drivers from their website?

AFAIK the latest should be the december bios,however i havent checked for updates.... its running the nov. bios and AMD drivers for B350 are a big fu for Windows 8.1