Help partitioning alienware laptop c drive

Hey LTT forums, I'm having an issue dual booting my alienware laptop with linux. I have an alienware 15 (the newest model) with a 120 gb ssd for the boot (103 gb after formatting) and a 1tb mechanical drive. I use windows 10 for gaming and game development but I'm trying to dual boot it with arch linux because I need certain command line tools and because arch is lightweight and my drive space is limited. When I go into the windows 10 disk management it wont allow me to shrink the size of the boot partition. It gives me an error message saying that I don't have enough room to shrink it even though there is clearly 45 gb free. It won't let me delete recovery partitions either. Can I not partition drives in UEFI boot as opposed to legacy bios? I don't want to install arch on my much slower D drive especially because I have a dual-booted desktop already. Does alienware have some weird feature on motherboards preventing from people dualbooting? Any ideas on how I can partition the drives?

*Update I tried changing boot mode from UEFI to legacy and then it wouldn't boot into windows. I also corrected a typo above where I wrote NFTS instead of UEFI by mistake. oops.

Edited by MetalGearPony
Typo

The "easiest" way I can think of at the moment would be to do a Windows reinstall and set your partitions up the way you want them from the beginning. That being said for some kicks I've played around with shrinking the boot drive (256GB M.2) on my R3 and it does it with no issues, so it may just be the size of your drive is causing Windows to have a fit.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Have you tried -- disk management -- in windows

Do ---start

Type -- Disk management

Go the drive you want then try change the volume

Not sure if this will work

There are several software for partitioning HD