Looking for Good PSU to Complete Build

Hello, I'm new to LTT.com and I was getting ready to set up a PC build I have been thinking about for a while. I live in America so obviously, my $ is USD. I'm trying to keep this build anywhere under 1000$ but preferably under 900$. This build is going to be used for high-end gaming entirely (I don't really care about ultra settings or anything as long as there is a balance and always stays at 60fps). I also need a 1080p monitor later on, that either has 60hz, and a decent IPS or VA panel depending on what lasts longer and has a better picture quality. I'll also need Windows 10 but I'll just get that later. I'm upgrading atm to this new build since I bought a gaming laptop that has a gtx 960m with lots of problems and can barely run anything good anymore with multiple frame drops even on 720p. I don't know much about PSUs so I thought I'd ask for help.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegendaryJay24/saved/sR3M8d

This is what I have so far. I'm going to add a GTX 1060 6gb but I don't know which one to get and at this point, they got more expensive so I'd rather build it, then wait for it to go down or hopefully the 1070 will possibly go down. I'm also gonna add another stick of RAM later on just to save money. For the mobo, does anyone know if it has a good sound card and if it has onboard Wi-Fi?

Here is a great guide to PSU's. I have RMx series from Corsair in all of my builds and I would highly recommend. 

For the monitor, you can get 60Hz IPS for around $100. You can run Windows 10 deactivated (you have a watermark on the screen), so don't worry about blowing money on that just yet. Your mobo has a fine sound card but no wifi (you can sort by onboard wifi on pcpartpicker). Don't count on GPU prices to drop. The 1060 3GB is a great choice for v .high to ultra on most games at 1080p; a 1060 6GB is a nice-to-have at this price point. Definitely no need for a 1070. I would also recommend looking at Ryzen 5, they're price comparable and not dealing with as many of the current CPU security issues.

Welcome to the forums!

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

You should check out the PSU Tier list. I'm pretty sure it's being updated again soon. I'd say to choose at least a tier 3. I say you'd be totally fine with 450 watts - perhaps even less.

I'm not an "expert" in PSUs, so if somebody corrects me - listen to them instead.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

motherboard has good audio, no wifi though

id get something around 500W for that build, you can refer to the PSU teir list that the other guys have posted, anything teir three and up is a good choice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Check out this updated list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9RzNkT

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9RzNkT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9RzNkT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($200.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Mushkin - Silverline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.68 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini ITX OC Video Card  ($234.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($63.58 @ Amazon) 
Total: $996.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-08 17:55 EST-0500

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair CX450M (2015) is a decent choice of psu for the build as outlined. It will comfortably handle an upgrade to a GTX 1070 and additional memory.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.