Describe your most recent build

In an effort to appease my current itch to assemble a new computer I decided to 'side-grade' my current (i5 6600K) machine by transferring it into a smaller case. (From a Corsair 250d to a Cooler Master Elite 130)

I watched the official Cooler Master YouTube video showing a AIO cooled system and the funky way the drives attach. Commentary said that there would be more than enough room for a push/pull setup on a front 120mm radiator having a 3.5" drive on the floor, so the side drive bracket could be removed. Since the air cooler that I had was too tall, I went with the Cooler Master Masterliquid 120.

The MB transferred over flawlessly, of course. Assembling and mounting the AIO was also very easy, given the thumbscrews used to mount the fans.

The 3.5" HDD, on the other hand did not fit in the designated area, even after removing the two lower thumbscrews on the inner fan. I had to re-mount the side drive bracket and use the upper mounting location for the drive, since the lower location impacted the AIO's hoses.

Next was moving my two slim ODDs, in the appropriate 5.25->2x slim ODD adapter, using the tool-less mount mechanism on the case, the GTX 1070, and the modular PSU.

It's amazing just how long the cables actually are and I thought several time, 'How am I supposed to cram all this into that? This case, however, allowed the cables to be folded against each other and moved out of the way to the sides so that there is a clear(ish) tunnel from the fans to the rear of the case. This is the first case that, from the get-go I honestly cared about cable management since none before had been a showcase or were so da[r]ned small. (Even the 250d had plenty of room below the main chamber to shove all the cables into after the fact.)

It looks very good, and after messing with fan curves (upward) has acceptable fan noise, meaning for me almost none at 4'.

Immediately after the build, however I noticed the CPU temps under a 10 min CPU-z stress test, were much higher than I expected, not dangerous though, simply disappointing. Normal operations were cool enough so I didn't worry about it too much. The next afternoon I smacked myself since I could not remember removing the plastic from the cold-plate of the AIO. After 20 years, I finally made that mistake.

Temps dropped 15C when that was corrected.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n6KBf8

What have you enjoyed working on, and completed, recently. What issues did you have during the build. I'm not really looking for the most impressive builds since modest and even first time builds, issues and corrections can be interesting to read. (Over the top rigs can be fun as well, though.)

No to be serious. I enjoyed reading your experience. I don't really have a tellworty tale to tell about my rig but i still enjoyed reading about yours. 

guess my most recent work was done on Northern Bee, so "a god damn mess" pretty much summs it up :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

My last "build" was my Dell Inspiron 560. I put it into a Compaq Case and put in my RX 570.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

mine get wet because i had recessed lighting that leaked (yes my light leaked water), wasnt plugged in but still prob killed the psu

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel