A weird problem

Bloodyvalley

OK so my mother's computer's power supply died. Last week-end it was making noises (I wasn't there) but when I came home and heard those noises I knew that it was her power supply. I immediately shut down her computer. The next day, when she tries to start it, it doesn't start. So it pretty much died.

Today I salvaged the HDD and 2 512MB DDR RAM sticks (+ 2 DVD Burners that use the big ass grey/pink wire).I put the HDD inside my rig (I unplugged all of my other drives) and when I boot up it displays this message: http://support.gateway.com/emachines/issues/2-1131285152-01.gif (not my picture, I found it on Google Images). I chose all the options but none of them actually go towards the login screen. When I choose Safe Mode it displays the Windows XP loading screen (with the green lines) but when it actually starts I immediately get a BSoD (for like half a second, I can't see what it says) then it restarts the same process all over again.

PS: I also tried using the CMOS button to reset BIOS but nothing changes

My computer specs:

-Intel Core i5 3570k

-Corsair 16GB Veangeance RAM (Blue heatsink) 1600mhz 4x4GB

-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard

-PowerColor Radeon HD 7970

My mother uses Windows XP 32bit

She needs the HDD because she has very important e-mails in Outlook express (which she did not back up...!)

If you have any questions please ask

EDIT: I also tried booting it up with 1 stick of 4GB RAM but it still didn't work

It can't boot because it's a different computer with different hardware installed. You can access the files through another operating system though.

You are trying to boot into your mother's OS. Change the boot priority in the BIOS, boot to your own OS and backup the .pst of your mother's drive and you are done.

Error 404: Signature not found

Ok so I'm guessing what you tried to do was pull out the drive and put it in your computer, that does not work. Sometimes it will but I guess in this case as you have tried it with no luck.

Put everything back in your mums computer and change the power supply to make sure it is infact the power supply!

Then it should post and load in to windows!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Ok so I'm guessing what you tried to do was pull out the drive and put it in your computer, that does not work. Sometimes it will but I guess in this case as you have tried it with no luck.

Put everything back in your mums computer and change the power supply to make sure it is infact the power supply!

Then it should post and load in to windows!

Too late for that, it was a HP computer so I had to break it to get the HDD out lol

ok add it as an extra drive to your current system then

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Yeah like said, you can't just put hdd with OS to completely different system and expect it to work. You can access files with your own system or by using Linux Live-CD. You can pretty much recycle those old dvd burners, they use IDE which is dying connection and new ones cost like $20. I think you can recycle rams too. They might be like DDR1.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv