vac can't verify

CryptoMatt

so VAC won't let me play CSGO, it kicks me and says vac cant verify my game session, i've reinstalled csgo, i've verified the cache and foreclosed Ccleaner. still won't work any ideas? 

You might be better off asking this question on the steam forums.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

a 3 second google search suggests the following fixes.

1. Restart your computer
  2. Run CSGO as administrator

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

a 3 second google search suggests the following fixes.

1. Restart your computer
  2. Run CSGO as administrator

everything runs as an admisters for me, and i have many times. 

I did google it, who else thinks to randomly close Ccleaner, I read steam forums that doing so has fixed it for some people.

i like to think people post on the forums when google and other options fail them in the first place. not to just post because they want to.   

1 hour ago, JaegerB said:

You might be better off asking this question on the steam forums.

I didn't make a post becase I read about 5 about the same issue with no answers or the answers they gave did not resolve it for me.

I have had this a few times. I tried verifying game files, turning anti-virus off nothing worked.  

I'm sure in the end I reinstalled CS:GO and had no issues since. 

Like the  JaegerB said it will be worth check the Steam Forums for an up to date fix.

1 minute ago, CryptoMatt said:

everything runs as an admisters for me, and i have many times. 

I did google it, who else thinks to randomly close Ccleaner, I read steam forums that doing so has fixed it for some people.

i like to think people post on the forums when google and other options fail them in the first place. not to just post because they want to.   

I didn't make a post becase I read about 5 about the same issue with no answers or the answers they gave did not resolve it for me.

I'm sure I have read else where you should never set steam games/apps to  'Run as Administrator' because it F&^%'s with steam services.

Had the same issue a while ago. 

Reinstall CSGO and restart your PC. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

5 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

one would think. but very rarely does that seem to be the case

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

VAC is pretty good. Maybe you cheated? Try using prime matchmaking only.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

That’s not a VAC ban message...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

This is the third time I've seen users complaining of this exact message in the last 24 hours.

2 were TF2 and now 1 for CSGO?

Me thinks Valve might have broken something or changed something in VAC?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

no i do not have a VAC ban, its a error with authenticating VAC.  doesn't matter what kind of math making I use

1 hour ago, Qi_Forever said:

I'm sure I have read else where you should never set steam games/apps to  'Run as Administrator' because it F&^%'s with steam services.

never had issues with anything steam related. well none that couldn't be fixed so far. 

1 hour ago, Qi_Forever said:

I have had this a few times. I tried verifying game files, turning anti-virus off nothing worked.  

I'm sure in the end I reinstalled CS:GO and had no issues since. 

Like the  JaegerB said it will be worth check the Steam Forums for an up to date fix.

1 hour ago, Eibe said:

Had the same issue a while ago. 

Reinstall CSGO and restart your PC. 

Like I said in my most I have reinstalled cs go. 

i've also closed various random programs running in task manager to see if any where the issue and I had no luck. 

On a related note, perhaps Valve is having issues with the Meltdown update. Epic Games has troubles with sign-ins as well at the moment.

Blame it on Meltdown Fix/ windows update.

Several members had issues with Asus AI suite, yesterday.

Personally I have an issues with GPU tweak 2 and Google Chrome clinching out when moving a window from one monitor to the another.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

On a related note, perhaps Valve is having issues with the Meltdown update. Epic Games has troubles with sign-ins as well at the moment.

eh it happened a few days ago (like 5) and i just went to play and its still not working so i made a post 

2 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

eh it happened a few days ago (like 5) and i just went to play and its still not working so i made a post 

Enterprise / Servers get security updates ASAP. 

I’d like to hope so anyway ;)

4 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

so VAC won't let me play CSGO, it kicks me and says vac cant verify my game session, i've reinstalled csgo, i've verified the cache and foreclosed Ccleaner. still won't work any ideas? 

from experience you can try verifying the files of the game :) it worked for me 

6 hours ago, PetrosRZ said:

from experience you can try verifying the files of the game :) it worked for me 

I’ve done that, thays whay verifly cache is, atleast I think steam calls it that it something close to it