Mounting Modem to under a desk

Donut417
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

My room gets up to 90 degrees or more in the summer, I worry about it over heating as heat rises and the vents would be on the bottom. 

I had my SB6183 (now a SB8200) in my closet when I was mining and running a massive server, it would get to over 100 in there pretty quickly in the summer with an exhaust fan and I never had issues with the modem.

I want to get some opinions on mounting my SB6141 under my desk. The modem has the support to be wall mounted. So essentially the vents for the device would be pointed down toward the floor. I would use velcro to mount it to under the desk. I want to get opinions of if it would over heat. Currently it runs nice and cool. Id do the same for my router, but without the laptop cooler keeping it cool, it would probably die. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, MWaldhauer said:

No problems...

My room gets up to 90 degrees or more in the summer, I worry about it over heating as heat rises and the vents would be on the bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I had my SB6183 (now a SB8200) in my closet when I was mining and running a massive server, it would get to over 100 in there pretty quickly in the summer with an exhaust fan and I never had issues with the modem.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Good to know. So Ill mount it under my desk then. Im trying to clear desk space, as my PC, Modem, Router, Keyboard, Mouse, 2 monitors and UPS are all on my desk. I think Im going to work on not only clearing my desk a bit, but also some cable managing.