Razer Ouroboros vs Logitech g903

Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,

Thank you @Damascus for summoning me ^_^

Its an easy answer.

If u wont use the Powerplay feature then get the original G900 its the same mouse.

Ourobororborbo such a stupid name uses Laser sensor which will always be inferior compared to optical at least for now in terms of accuracy.

Why they use laser sensor then? because razer are marketed towards kids who doesnt knew any better.

Laser sensor indeed can track on glass and white surface it can also achieve high dpi like 12.000dpi.

And uninformed people will assume that the higher the Dpi the better the sensor but its plain wrong and having 12k dpi is absurd as u wont use more than 4k dpi in real life, but kids wont know :P

When they heard LASER they will just going to assume its suppose to be better than optical.

And that mice is ergonomicly bad especially for someone with small and medium hand, even for a large hand.

G903/G900 use custom PWM3360 sensor called DELTA G ZERO (PWM3366) which is one of the best optical sensor.

And its the best wireless mice on the market today in terms of overall features and performance.

If u want a good quality and accurate mice get the Logitech G903/900 dont get the oborobo

Never buy a laser mice for gaming if u want accurate muscle to cursor movement.

Only reason to buy a laser mice is if u want to use it on any surfaces and it has a good ergonomic like Mx Master.

and about the battery issues a quick google showed that apparently its true and its not just battery issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=razer+ouroboros+battery+issues&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

The only razer product that is not garbage is the Deathadder elite and Lancehead

I was wondering which mice is better as both are pretty similar. 

Note: I do not mind the supposed uncomfortableness with the Ouroboros, I'm a finger tip gripper so it doesn't really affect me. 

Although the g903 can be charged using the Power Play mousepad, I probably won't use it that often so it is purely down to how good the mice are. 

Also, I've checked online and apparently, there are some issues with the wireless of the Ouroboros? Some other people said that the rechargeable battery is really bad. Are these claims true? 

Thanks

@Hiya! actually knows about nice but I can say this - get the 903.  Razer downgraded the quality of all their peripherals and IMO it's not worth it.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Thank you so much! 

I'll but that in consideration. TBH I've noticed a downward spike in quality in all Razer products, which is hugely disappointing. 

G903.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

G903.

Hi, 

Do you have any reasons why? 

Thank you so much!

Its an easy answer.

If u wont use the Powerplay feature then get the original G900 its the same mouse.

Ourobororborbo such a stupid name uses Laser sensor which will always be inferior compared to optical at least for now in terms of accuracy.

Why they use laser sensor then? because razer are marketed towards kids who doesnt knew any better.

Laser sensor indeed can track on glass and white surface it can also achieve high dpi like 12.000dpi.

And uninformed people will assume that the higher the Dpi the better the sensor but its plain wrong and having 12k dpi is absurd as u wont use more than 4k dpi in real life, but kids wont know :P

When they heard LASER they will just going to assume its suppose to be better than optical.

And that mice is ergonomicly bad especially for someone with small and medium hand, even for a large hand.

G903/G900 use custom PWM3360 sensor called DELTA G ZERO (PWM3366) which is one of the best optical sensor.

And its the best wireless mice on the market today in terms of overall features and performance.

If u want a good quality and accurate mice get the Logitech G903/900 dont get the oborobo

Only reason to buy a laser mice is if u want to use it on any surfaces and it has a good ergonomic like Mx Master.

and about the battery issues a quick google showed that apparently its true and its not just battery issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=razer+ouroboros+battery+issues&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

The only razer product that is not garbage is the Deathadder elite and Lancehead

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

7 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its an easy answer.

Wow that settles the debate quickly ... I never knew that the Ouroboros was laser LOL. 

I hate it when companies say LOOK AT US THIS MOUSE CAN REACH 16,000 DPI (Razer Diamondback) 

Thank you!

Just now, SupaTech said:

Wow that settles the debate quickly ... I never knew that the Ouroboros was laser LOL. 

I hate it when companies say LOOK AT US THIS MOUSE CAN REACH 16,000 DPI (Razer Diamondback) 

Thank you!

Dont praise me..

200_s.gif.a3059eac174ed10942d290ff1f811189.gif

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Wait is there actutally any difference between the Ouroboros Elite and the original? 

16 minutes ago, SupaTech said:

Wait is there actutally any difference between the Ouroboros Elite and the original? 

I have no idea and even if i did i wont bother buying the mouse.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2018 at 3:03 AM, Hiya! said:

"The only razer product that is not garbage is the Deathadder elite and Lancehead"

I know this is an old thread, however, do you really think this is true of their keyboards that tend to get very good reviews? Also, the competitive typists (modern) tend to like the razer keyboards, from my research.