First Time Water Cooler Loop?

Hello everyone! I am planing on doing a water cooling loop for my computer (CPU + Maybe RAM, Excluding GPU). I used the EK loop configurator to create the loop but I would like to see if their are any better and or cheaper loop. My current specs are:

Motherboard - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura

CPU - Intel i5 6600K

Case - NZXT S340 Elite

Other:

GPU - GTX 1070 Founders Edition

And here is what EK would like me to get:

EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black (2200rpm)

EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)

EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. sl. pump)

EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel

EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Nickel

EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs)

EK-HD Tube 10/12mm 500mm (2 pcs)

EK-HDC Fitting 12mm G1/4 - Black

EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin)

EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm

The total cost of that would be over $500. So is their any same quality of a different brand that would be able to lower the cost?
Also is there any things I should watch out for? Things I should not get/buy? This will be my first build and I would like to do hardline because I have a lot of time and would like to make it look nice.
I would also like not to pay over $300 but if its a couple $'s over that's fine.

Thanks for all the help!

- A_Softchair

1 minute ago, A_SoftChair said:

Hello everyone! I am planing on doing a water cooling loop for my computer (Excluding GPU). I used the EK loop configurator to create the loop but I would like to see if their are any better and or cheaper loop. My current specs are:

Motherboard - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura

CPU - Intel i5 6600K

Case - NZXT S340 Elite

Other:

GPU - GTX 1070 Founders Edition

And here is what EK would like me to get:

EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black (2200rpm)

EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)

EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. sl. pump)

EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel

EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Nickel

EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs)

EK-HD Tube 10/12mm 500mm (2 pcs)

EK-HDC Fitting 12mm G1/4 - Black

EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin)

EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm

The total cost of that would be over $500. So is their any same quality of a different brand that would be able to lower the cost?
Also is there any things I should watch out for? Things I should not get/buy? This will be my first build and I would like to do hardline because I have a lot of time and would like to make it look nice.
I would also like not to pay over $300 but if its a couple $'s over that's fine.

Thanks for all the help!

- A_Softchair

Water cooling isn't cheap.  If your on a budget, just don't do it at all.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I know its not cheap but is their any way I can make it cheaper? I would really like to water cool my pc and I can spend more but I would like not to.

Why are you wanting to watercool? It's not cheap and it's not cost effective for the performance it provides. You can certainly make it cheaper, but there will be sacrifices made, such as looks or ease of building/maintenance. 

4 minutes ago, A_SoftChair said:

-SNIP-

I woudl suggest to go with a large rad if your planning on overclocking your at the bare minimum for both a CPU and GPU, RAM doesn't generate much heat so that up to you if you want to watercool it for the looks but that is an added expense if you are trying to slim down the cost of things. 

I would prob get a larger rad with a new case but right now I dont think I want to over clock much and also i dont think the case can even fit that.

17 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Why are you wanting to watercool? It's not cheap and it's not cost effective for the performance it provides. You can certainly make it cheaper, but there will be sacrifices made, such as looks or ease of building/maintenance. 

There are certainly ways to make it cheaper without sacrificing quality 

performance Pcs has sales and you probably can get a slightly better price by not buying evreything from EK 

My life

20 minutes ago, A_SoftChair said:

I know its not cheap but is their any way I can make it cheaper? I would really like to water cool my pc and I can spend more but I would like not to.

Don't cheap out on a watercooling loop.

If you can't afford it then buy an AIO or air cooler.

Buying cheap parts is not worth the risk of a leak.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, A_SoftChair said:

I would prob get a larger rad with a new case but right now I dont think I want to over clock much and also i dont think the case can even fit that.

Are you doing this mainly for looks then? There's not really any benefit to it other than that really (at least, not at the price you've set). 

You can make things cheaper by switching brands on some parts and downgrading on others. Switching to a DDC pump and a reservoir from another brand will save a bit. Going for non-nickel plated blocks will save a bit. Cut out the RAM cooling, it really offers no benefit at all.

Im going for looks and function. I was thinking of getting differnt brands but I dont know what to look for? any recommendations?

7 minutes ago, A_SoftChair said:

Im going for looks and function. I was thinking of getting differnt brands but I dont know what to look for? any recommendations?

EKWB is a good all around option and especially for selection in terms of blocks. If you want some of the best in terms of fittings Bitspower is regarded as the premium option, rad wise as you plan to use a thin rad Hardware labs would have something that could give you a bit more performance for what you get compared to the EK ones. 

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

EKWB is a good all around option and especially for selection in terms of blocks. If you want some of the best in terms of fittings Bitspower is regarded as the premium option, rad wise as you plan to use a thin rad Hardware labs would have something that could give you a bit more performance for what you get compared to the EK ones. 

This,

Alphacool is pretty good as well from what I've seen and heard

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well going with barb fittings and soft tube would drop that price quite a bit. Could do the ram modules later or do the gpu and actually get something out of watercooling.

All the prices regardless of brand are gonna be close to the same. Just depends on the series of whats being bought.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Your methodology is flawed, this is the priority list for watercooling 

1. Gpu
  2. Cpu
  3. Cpu vrms
  4. RAM

Watercooling ddr4 is completely about looks, it does nothing for you in terms of functionality.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

i just noticed the EK water cooling kits. I think i might get one of those and just but hardline cooling to add to it.

Read in to the kit before you buy it,Some of eks cheaper kits use aluminum parts,Aluminum is ok but it limits the coolant options you have.Just something to keep in mind.

I wouldn’t go aluminum. Don’t think they make ram block in then yet. If you really wonna make a fancy look, don’t limit your options. Same with gpu’s at the moment. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz