VPN on your smart TV?

PortlyNose

So I am an American living in Japan at the moment and have noticed the absence of some of my favorite shows and movies on Netflix because they are region locked. The problem is kind of solved by using Tunnelbear on my desktop, but that isn't a very comfortable viewing experience, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to put a VPN or change the location settings on a smart TV to enable the missing content without simply using an HDMI cable to make my TV and additional monitor to my computer. If it helps I  have an LG 65SJ8000.

Not really any help for you but, I have not found a single VPN that isn't blocked by any of the streaming services I use :(

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

10 hours ago, Joveice said:

Not really any help for you but, I have not found a single VPN that isn't blocked by any of the streaming services I use :(

I use Crunchyroll and Netflix and on my PC Tunnelbear works great no matter what country I am in. I used to have to log out and the back in when I started it up, but recently all I have had to do is refresh the page once I turn it on, possible because of the kill switch thing Linus has been mentioning in his ad read.

You can buy a router that works with some VPNs, but I would seriously just run the cable it will be cheaper.

Also just be careful  because just because it works now with a VPN doesn't mean that it will continue too. Netflix, Hulu, etc. normally block servers that are acting as VPNs so your content will be limited in the future.