Pulling the trigger on Trident Z RGB Ram

So, its been 2 weeks and i have entered my vacation and i am getting pretty impatient cause the stupid ram i want is out of stock (Corsair Vengeance RGB, since i heard it have better compatibility with msi boards). 

I Decided that i do not want to waste my vacation just waiting for parts and just pull the trigger on the Trident Z RGB. May god help me if this combo does not work as i have an MSI Z370 krait gaming board, and i heard bad things about G.Skill refusing to play nice on non Asus boards. I just hope i do not end up bricking my ram. 

Please note that i am only referring to controlling the RGB part, not about ram being compatible with the board since its a DDR4 ram and it is compatible, but that is not the reason am worried .. When am buying an RGB ram i would like to control its RGB too without corrupting the SPD or bricking the Ram. 

All this makes me think, Is the RGB ram even worth it? or am i just better off buying an general ram. I mean i do like the flashy RGB stuff but not when they are ultra super buggy as they are right now, at least not at the risk of bricking the ram or corrupting its SPD's. So are they worth it?

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

rgb is neat, but after 2 years of stuffing my system with rgb its become a little nauseating, i prefer the black and gold accent of my Team Group Xtreem 4000 over the Vengeance rgb they replaced any day, but thats personal preference

You can't use both software at the same time.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

41 minutes ago, lefudgelover666 said:

rgb is neat, but after 2 years of stuffing my system with rgb its become a little nauseating, i prefer the black and gold accent of my Team Group Xtreem 4000 over the Vengeance rgb they replaced any day, but thats personal preference

38 minutes ago, Damascus said:

You can't use both software at the same time.

I have an MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio being controlled using MSI Mystic Light and even that have problems. These software are soo clumsy and lazily codded that it works 50% of the time and it wont the other 50% of the time. 

Sometimes the software just refuses to fireup and some times it takes like 2 mins after clicking the icon for it to open. Am not blaming MSI, cause Asus and gigabyte have very similar problems and throwing in an RGB ram just complicates things. 

I just dunno man, it feels like its not worth the risk going to RGB. The issue is that at this point people are having expensive memory corrupted by the RGB feature and the software that operates it. This is a serious issue caused by using the product as it was intended. I have seen a number of unwitting customers become victims of the SPD problem.

Like i said i do like the flashy RGB stuff but not when they are ultra super buggy as they are right now. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

1 minute ago, DeadlyTitan said:

Like i said i do like the flashy RGB stuff but not when they are ultra super buggy as they are right now. 

That's an msi problem, aura is fantastic.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

18 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That's an msi problem, aura is fantastic.

Am pretty sure that aura had problems too but that might be fixed by now. And yes it might be the shitty MSI APP problem. 

either way is it worth going for RGB ram ? considering both RGB and non RGB ram costs the same?