Low FPS in pubg

Hamface55

Hello,

When pubg 1.0 released I used to get between 60-80 fps at the lowest settings at 1080p with my gtx 1060 and fx8350. I tried the game for the first time in a week or two and I was only getting 30-60 fps. In rainbow six siege I was also getting around 30 fps but then I restarted my pc and then it fixed siege but not pubg. All my other games work fine except for pubg. Was there an update the messed up the game or is it my hardware? 

Thanks,

Dylan

upgrade the cpu i'd recommend but in the short term reinstall pubg and set the priority in task manager to high

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

5 minutes ago, Hamface55 said:

Hello,

When pubg 1.0 released I used to get between 60-80 fps at the lowest settings at 1080p with my gtx 1060 and fx8350. I tried the game for the first time in a week or two and I was only getting 30-60 fps. In rainbow six siege I was also getting around 30 fps but then I restarted my pc and then it fixed siege but not pubg. All my other games work fine except for pubg. Was there an update the messed up the game or is it my hardware? 

Thanks,

Dylan

Have you updated drivers or anything? I haven't noticed a difference in either of my systems (1060 on one and 480s on the other). Have you tried restoring video settings? And are you in Windowed or full screen mode?

Just now, Matty2048 said:

upgrade the cpu i'd recommend but in the short term reinstall pubg and set the priority in task manager to high

Yeah once I get the money I was gonna get a mother board that is compatible with intel i5 and i7 chips. I will try what you recommended thanks!

Just now, Hamface55 said:

Yeah once I get the money I was gonna get a mother board that is compatible with intel i5 and i7 chips. I will try what you recommended thanks!

bruh get ryzen

I just updated my gpu yesterday becuase i was gettign low fps and that never helped. I play in windowed fullscreen.

I just updated my gpu yesterday becuase i was gettign low fps and that never helped. I play in windowed fullscreen.

Maybe try normal fullscreen? Also, using the newest GPU drivers sometimes create more problems at first. I downgraded after a few games were unstable, so the Nvidia GPU driver I'm at right now is 388.59, so maybe try that.

Just now, IsaacThePooper said:

Maybe try normal fullscreen? Also, using the newest GPU drivers sometimes create more problems at first. I downgraded after a few games were unstable, so the Nvidia GPU driver I'm at right now is 388.59, so maybe try that.

ok thanks

I will look into it. idk much about ryzen chips. 

It's just the best bang for your buck, but an i5 8600k is a great option as well. Probably getting a Ryzen 5 1400 or 1500x and overclock it will give you the best bang for your buck for just gaming.

It's just the best bang for your buck, but an i5 8600k is a great option as well. Probably getting a Ryzen 5 1400 or 1500x and overclock it will give you the best bang for your buck for just gaming.

That is all I will be using my pc for is gaming so maybe i will get ryzen. I will look up benchmarks

1 minute ago, IsaacThePooper said:

The i5 8600k or i7 8700k is the best for gaming hands down, just not the best in terms of frames per dollar. I think they're still in limited stock right now so I dunno.

The i5 8600k or i7 8700k is the best for gaming hands down, just not the best in terms of frames per dollar. I think they're still in limited stock right now so I dunno.

ok thanks. I will have to look it up and learn more.

Screw PUBG.

This game is way better!

https://santatracker.google.com/snowball.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list