Pros and cons on Logitech G933?

Desuman

What are some pros and cons on the Logitech G933's? I've heard both good and bad stuff about them. I'm going to play CSGO with them if you're wondering.

Cons: Ugly, expensive

Pros: RGB

Sorry, I was thinking of mouse

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Pros: Integrated Mic

Cons: Sound Quality, Aesthetics, Price 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Pro -

The looks are kinda OK? Too gamerey for my tastes. The RGB is cool and all but you can't see the lights while they're on your head or anything.

The headset is very light but it feels robust.

The mic quality is pretty good for game comms.

Has a 3.5mm connector if you want wired.

Cons - 

Sound isolation is terrible. The ear pads are way too large and let almost all outside sound in.

Ear pads being large and almost no clamping force means the headset falls off of your head with almost any head movement, and they don't sit right on my head (though my head is small).

The drivers themselves are okay, but they are too bad for the price. Coupled with the terrible sound isolation from the ear pads, almost all bass sounds bad.

I would go the old-fashioned route like I did. Get a decent pair of headphones and add a ModMic or some other kind of mic. Massdrop had a cheap mic, might still be available.

I used a pair of ATH-M30xs and a ModMic 4, with some Brainwavz ear pads. Super comfortable, pretty light, the sound quality is pretty good, sound isolation is great, and the mic sounds good according to everybody I talk to. I might not recommend my exact setup, only because of the price. I got my M30xs and ModMic on sale, making the price less than $100. Normally it's more expensive.

I used to be quite active here.

4 hours ago, Desuman said:

What are some pros and cons on the Logitech G933's? I've heard both good and bad stuff about them. I'm going to play CSGO with them if you're wondering.

Their great for headsets with a mic their audio quality is GOOD. There is no point comparing them to headsets with out a mic because their in a different league ment for different things.

Its 7,1 virtual surround and it works. 

I think they look great, far better in person then on a picture and have some great RGB lighting.

Annoying part is that i forget to recharge them and then they turn into a wired headset for an hour till it recharges.

The wireless is STABLE with out any interuption and really does have about 5-10 meters of range before it cuts off.

They do however fall off if you lean your head back, however i really do not see any reason to do that when gaming or sitting behind your computer. Unless when u get recked u have a habbit of falling back on your chair and going sigghhhhhhh.

Did also have some annoyances with its software when first setting up, but its fine now.

Thanks for all the responses! After reading them all, I have decided to maybe go with the SteelSeries Siberia 800.

I have no experience with the headset, but my friend has it and he says the mic will randomly mute.

• 6 months later...

This headset is so so bad @Phantonex your friend is right, random mic muting but also random disconnects. Sleep timer settings do not matter as it does what it wants. Even the firmware won't update because it disconnects during the update process and apparently that interrupt the update so it never updates!
I'm not gonna even go into the quality because there are so many connection bugs with this headset the quality is irrelevant!

Lordrampanthump

https://streamonion.com

I had the G633 which is the wired version of the G933. Well had is not the right word; I have it but it's in the house collecting dust somewhere. The g633 is alright for gaming headset standards (they are better than Corsair Void Pros that I had) but it's imaging is pretty lacking which is important for games like CSGO. Basically is made more for the 7.1 surround gimmick than actual good headphones.