New CPU Upgrade

Hello Guys, I am not really that good with computers but here is the scenario, I have a PC with a Core 2 Duo E8400 (65W TDP), and soon plan to upgrade it to a Core 2 Quad Q9450 (95W TDP). At the moment, I have an AVC cooler that came prebuilt with the pc, that with the help of speedfan, can spin at 4200RPM and keep my E8400 at 39/40 degrees during  full load. Can you guys predict what my temperature would be if I were to use the Core 2 Quad at full blast, or if this is problematic, suggest a cooler that will fit BUT my motherboard has a backplate that I honestly cannot remove, so any LGA775 cooler that can be screwed into my existing adhesive backplate. Thanks for all the help, and ask questions as you may :)

Also, I have 4 case fans and am using the CiT F3 case.

The LGA 775 is 10 years old at this point, upgrading on such an old platform is a real waste of money since newer CPU's can run much faster and use considerably less power. You should scrap that old build and buy/build a new one.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I know, I have already got plans to do this, but , this is such a cheap upgrade as its only like 10 GBP, and its only for the short term. I am certain I want to get the new Core 2 Quad, and just want any predictions :( I will defo upgrade in the near future, but for now, I only need this sort of upgrade for my very limited games  (basically LoL and CSGO :) )

Just now, DBFirsten said:

I know, I have already got plans to do this, but , this is such a cheap upgrade as its only like 10 GBP, and its only for the short term. I am certain I want to get the new Core 2 Quad, and just want any predictions :( I will defo upgrade in the near future, but for now, I only need this sort of upgrade for my very limited games  (basically LoL and CSGO :) )

You can find pre-builts on Ebay with an i5 2500 that cost not much more than a used Q9450

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

It should be fine.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You can find pre-builts on Ebay with an i5 2500 that cost not much more than a used Q9450

Doubt it'll be less than 10 pounds

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

OK, I would really appreciate any more support and advice, and yeah I see actually FanFromDarlo on ebay loads of cheap PCs. I'll be honest, I have a GTX 1050 and some other nice components, but I have never changed my cpu  or motherboard or ram, I know this is a horrible bottleneck but its actually worked out pretty well as Rocket League andmy simulator games run max settings on 60fps +, but I don't play these anymore and a cpu upgrade is very necessarily right now, I plan to buy a cheap refurbished PC that has a i7-4700 (or something) and 16GB of ram and put my 1050 into it, but probably later this year as I am on such a low budget due to Christmas!

13 minutes ago, DBFirsten said:

Hello Guys, I am not really that good with computers but here is the scenario, I have a PC with a Core 2 Duo E8400 (65W TDP), and soon plan to upgrade it to a Core 2 Quad Q9450 (95W TDP). At the moment, I have an AVC cooler that came prebuilt with the pc, that with the help of speedfan, can spin at 4200RPM and keep my E8400 at 39/40 degrees during  full load. Can you guys predict what my temperature would be if I were to use the Core 2 Quad at full blast, or if this is problematic, suggest a cooler that will fit BUT my motherboard has a backplate that I honestly cannot remove, so any LGA775 cooler that can be screwed into my existing adhesive backplate. Thanks for all the help, and ask questions as you may :)

Also, I have 4 case fans and am using the CiT F3 case.

Sounds good for only 10 GBP

im assuming this cooler you have is similar to an intel stock cooler - so estimate 60+c under load (but 4200rpm is way too loud man)

fyi pretty much all modern cpu coolers still support LGA775 sockets so if you really need to you can buy a cheap cooler like this to get the job done better and quieter

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VRPfrH/arctic-cooling-cpu-cooler-freezer7prorev2

Also just make sure that your motherboard supports the CPU and whether or not it requires a bios update 

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

10.00 GBP

if you can find one for that price please share it, dont hold back - we're all trying to help afterall

Photography / Finance / Gaming

3 minutes ago, mok said:

10.00 GBP

if you can find one for that price please share it, dont hold back - we're all trying to help afterall

Sorry I thought used i5 2500 machines cost around that (probably thinking of the wrong thing) though there is one with an i5 2500, 8GB of RAM and 1TB storage for £180. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Alright guys, this community is amazing and thank you all for your great feedback, and the speed DAMN! literally 10 comments or whatever in like 10 minutes thank you all so much! Albeit a bit late, I wish you all a great 2018! And mok, you are right, it is so LOUD! The only issue is that the cpu fan connector is stuck, and I'll probably have to carefully pry it out, and my motherboard backplate doesn't let me use the plastic push pins so I have to use a screw in cooler, which I cannot find anywhere!