Budget,Good Sound Quality Headphones

Hey Guys!

I am currently in the market for some good quality and good sounding headphones. My budget is $200 USD. I have seen the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX and HD 58X Jubilee. I was wondering what the difference was between the two and if it is worth the $50 premium for the HD 6XX's? Also, if you have any other recommendations that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

2 minutes ago, Berget said:

You..

You better brace yourself for M50x hate waves.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Berget said:

I have heard good things about these... How do you think they sound compared to the HD 6XX's?

1 minute ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

I have heard good things about these... How do you think they sound compared to the HD 6XX's?

No not even close, but i think there nice balance between portability and sound.

2 minutes ago, Berget said:

No not even close, but i think there nice balance between portability and sound.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Not even close its basically the M40x with a lot of bass boost and slightly better treble and its way too overpriced.

If u are on the market for M50x get the M40x instead its better and flatter although all Audio Technica Mx Line up are nowhere close to be called monitoring headphone they have a V shape sounds signature.

Or You could buy the AKG K240 if u want M50x or better the K7XX

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 hours ago, Hiya! said:

You..

I don't really hate the M50X, rather I think it's at the wrong pricepoint. It should be alittle under 100USD to be considered a decent buy if you're looking for something 'fun' sounding. I don't dislike Audio Technica (AT) cans per se, it's just that the M50/M40 series should be priced lower. I do have the AD700X, R70X and the A900X Ltd Ed, so I do believe they have some outstanding cans.....just not the M series.

3 hours ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Echoing what others have said, I've auditioned the M50X (and came out wondering what the hype was all about) and I presently own the HD6XX as well. The only advantage the M50X and M40X have over the HD6XX is sound isolation since they're closed back after all. In terms of sound, the HD6XX has it all over the other two. FYI, I have a few pretty good cans, and the HD6XX holds up well even against them (and they cost a pretty penny more).

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

1 hour ago, GamerDude said:

I don't really hate the M50X, rather I think it's at the wrong pricepoint. It should be alittle under 100USD to be considered a decent buy if you're looking for something 'fun' sounding. I don't dislike Audio Technica (AT) cans per se, it's just that the M50/M40 series should be priced lower. I do have the AD700X, R70X and the A900X Ltd Ed, so I do believe they have some outstanding cans.....just not the M series.

Echoing what others have said, I've auditioned the M50X (and came out wondering what the hype was all about) and I presently own the HD6XX as well. The only advantage the M50X and M40X have over the HD6XX is sound isolation since they're closed back after all. In terms of sound, the HD6XX has it all over the other two. FYI, I have a few pretty good cans, and the HD6XX holds up well even against them (and they cost a pretty penny more).

Thanks!

hd 6xx > hd 58x jubilee > M50x

The hd 6xx and hd 58x are both great bang for your buck options, but with the existence of these two headphones, buying M50x's or even an HD 598 is pretty much ludicrous. With that said, a dac/amp would be highly recommended for both of the sennheiser options.

4 hours ago, kxrider85 said:

hd 6xx > hd 58x jubilee > M50x

I'd agree with that, except that it should be:

HD6XX > HD58X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>M50X :D

I've heard good things about the Massdrop HFM HE4XX from scouring the net, as well as from one REALLY enthusiastic fanboy here. Anyway, as previously stated, I do have a HD6XX and have recently agreed with a seller to buy his HE4XX at about 150USD, which is actually lower than the drop price, should get it by end of the week. I shall compare it directly against my HD6XX using my iFi Micro iDSD BL.....and perhaps my Oppo HA1 as well.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

8 hours ago, kxrider85 said:

With that said, a dac/amp would be highly recommended for both of the sennheiser options.

What cheap dac/amps would you recommed?

22 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

What cheap dac/amps would you recommed?

Take a Magni 3 Modi 2 stack. And PLEASE don’t buy M50Xs. Terrible cans. Go with the 6XXs they are amazing. I have both, and it’s no contest. I would take a $5 pair of Venture Electronics Monk Plus earbuds over M50Xs any day.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Take a Magni 3 Modi 2 stack. And PLEASE don’t buy M50Xs. Terrible cans. Go with the 6XXs they are amazing. I have both, and it’s no contest. I would take a $5 pair of Venture Electronics Monk Plus earbuds over M50Xs any day.

Thanks! I am going with the HD 6XXs and have heard really good things about them.

I will 1 up the magni3/modi2 recommendation. It is the amp/dac I own and it has been excellent. While it is an inexpensive option, the magni 3 has a great sound and power specs rivaling those of class-A amps

15 minutes ago, kxrider85 said:

I will 1 up the magni3/modi2 recommendation. It is the amp/dac I own and it has been excellent. While it is an inexpensive option, the magni 3 has a great sound and power specs rivaling those of class-A amps

Thanks!

10 hours ago, GamerDude said:

I'd agree with that, except that it should be:

HD6XX > HD58X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>M50X :D

I've heard good things about the Massdrop HFM HE4XX from scouring the net, as well as from one REALLY enthusiastic fanboy here. Anyway, as previously stated, I do have a HD6XX and have recently agreed with a seller to buy his HE4XX at about 150USD, which is actually lower than the drop price, should get it by end of the week. I shall compare it directly against my HD6XX using my iFi Micro iDSD BL.....and perhaps my Oppo HA1 as well.

I had the HE-4XX on loaner, quite good for $180, but Imo not as good of a deal as hd6xx for $200.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

22 hours ago, spwath said:

Snip

On 1/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, kxrider85 said:

Snip

On 1/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, Max_Settings said:

Snip

On 1/2/2018 at 6:55 AM, GamerDude said:

Snip

On 1/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, Hiya! said:

Snip

On 1/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, Berget said:

Snip

Should I get the HD6XX's or the K7XX's? I have heard both are good but I don't know how they compare...

On 2.1.2018 at 12:35 AM, Hiya! said:

You..

Well, it's stupid to hate a Pair of headphones.

However, it's stupid to think a pair is perfect for everyone in every situation ;-) ALL headphoens have their pros and cons.

M50x have a very VERY small soundstage as a big Con. Some don't care, for others it's a dealbreaker.

it's kinda important to inform about this fact :P

But if anyone want closed cans with a strong bass, these are perfectly fine for music.

@ thread:

AKG K7xx massdrop are a really good deal for 199 bucks.

Good audio quality, EXTREMELY HUGE soundstage (seriously, you won't find a noticeably better/bigger one even at 500+ bucks. This Soundstage is on a very high level), quite analytical / neutral / natural, and huge amount of detail.

Awesome for Gaming (steps, directional), awesome for classical music, or Jazz, something like that.

Very bad for bad mastered Music. Of the studio fucked up, these cans will show you every single Mistake the produced made while mastering.

Sennheiser HD 6xx: If i'm not mistaken, these are based off Sennheiser HD 650.

If those are for 199 bucks too, very competetive. However, you can not compare them to the AKGs. These will sound entirely different.

Less detail, less soundstage. And less "analytics". this is a darker sounding, very "layed back".

Which is better? None. Depends on YOUR taste alone. You have only 1 possibility to find out which you like more: Try both. No human on Earth will be able to answer this Question for you, buddy ;-)

We might however give a tendency, if you tell us what exactly you like to listen to, what kind of music etc.

But other alternatives from me:

beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition 250 Ohm (or 600 if a good price and a strong Amp. But 250 is perfectly fine as allrounder). Slightyl v-shaped, but overall natural, similar to the AKG. But differenc materials, earcups, and the typical beyerdynamic made in germany quality. You WILL be able to buy most spare parts in 20 years, no matter what breaks (if anything breaks.. These are build like Tanks)

If you want closed cans: beyerdynamic Custom Studio are my favourites, without trying them.

They are slightly more expensive than the popular DT 770s, but offer better mids and tighter bass. Also, customizable Design, removeable Cable, Bass-switch in 4 stages (light bass up to bass-monster), so it's 4 headphones in 1.

51 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Well, it's stupid to hate a Pair of headphones.

Hey dont look at me :P

I didnt hate M50x its just they are so bad for value.

And i often seeing people bashing M50x all over the place because that headphone deserve it perhaps.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 hour ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Should I get the HD6XX's or the K7XX's? I have heard both are good but I don't know how they compare...

HD6XXs>K7XXs for music

K7XXs>HD6XXs for gaming

Take what you prefer them for more.

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

Hey dont look at me :P

I didnt hate M50x its just they are so bad for value.

And i often seeing people bashing M50x all over the place because that headphone deserve it perhaps.

I didn't mean you^^" It was just in general (and not just about the M50x, but about every headphone / product :P )

Well it isn't about "hating" M50x, it is more of calling out shit that's bad.

Call out beats, no one blinks. Call out M50x, you have fanboys everywhere raiding your inbox.