Opinions on this Tv

Richywilson
Go to solution Solved by JustAStrangeGeek,
Just now, Richywilson said:

Going with the 50" $150 bucks for an extra seems like a big difference for the small size difference. 

True. sounds like a good deal.

Go with it, great TV. Although, I find it funny that manufacturers use 'UHD' and '4K' in the same sentence even though they mean the exact same thing.

2 minutes ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

Go with it, great TV. Although, I find it funny that manufacturers use 'UHD' and '4K' in the same sentence even though they mean the exact same thing.

Thanks :) The whole QLED thing was what confused me, way out of my price range however. I'm actually going to have to do a bit of construction work to a current tv cabinet for this but my 26" tv really has to go lol

1 minute ago, Richywilson said:

Thanks :) The whole QLED thing was what confused me, way out of my price range however. I'm actually going to have to do a bit of construction work to a current tv cabinet for this but my 26" tv really has to go lol

May that 26" rest in piece. It lived a short life... ?

May that 26" rest in piece. It lived a short life... ?

I see a few 6300 tvs on the market too. Not sure if they're a later model or not. Googles not providing much information. There's also a lot of LG tvs on display for a bit cheaper. http://www.smithscity.co.nz/tv-and-audio/television/4k-uhd-televisions#catpage=3 Not sure what the best ones are to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Richywilson said:

I see a few 6300 tvs on the market too. Not sure if they're a later model or not. Googles not providing much information. There's also a lot of LG tvs on display for a bit cheaper. http://www.smithscity.co.nz/tv-and-audio/television/4k-uhd-televisions#catpage=3 Not sure what the best ones are to be honest.

Stick with the Samsung TV, LG's might be cheaper but it also might be built significantly cheaper with the possibility of planned obsolescence.

Edit: Those 'sale' signs though... So much of them.

Edited by JustAStrangeGeek

6 minutes ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

Stick with the Samsung TV, LG's might be cheaper but it also might be built significantly cheaper with the possibility of planned obsolescence.

Thanks you've been a big help :) Haha yeah, boxing day sales are still going

Hope you enjoy it! ?

Going with the 50" $150 bucks for an extra seems like a big difference for the small size difference. 

Just now, Richywilson said:

True. sounds like a good deal.

I prefer the Samsungs over the LG's, the Samsungs in my personal experience have MUCH BETTER black levels then the LG's. ONLY LG worth touching is the OLED's and those are still to expensive.

1 hour ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

actually UHD is defined as any resolution from 4k and up, so eventually there is will be 8k UHD TV's

46 minutes ago, Richywilson said:

a 55" is 21% more screen area then a 50" http://www.displaywars.com/50-inch-16x9-vs-55-inch-16x9

it is definitely noticeable, speaking from experience.

25 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

actually UHD is defined as any resolution from 4k and up, so eventually there is will be 8k UHD TV's

Yes, but there are currently no 8K TVs, only Dell's 8K monitor.

30 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I prefer the Samsungs over the LG's, the Samsungs in my personal experience have MUCH BETTER black levels then the LG's. ONLY LG worth touching is the OLED's and those are still to expensive.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I just have to say, wow, that HD vs UHD comparison is hilarious. All these years, I never knew my 1080p content looked so pixelated. I must have bad eyes. 9_9

Lol, I personally am still using 1080p so i have no idea... Once 4k monitors get cheaper though...