No signal output from EVGA gtx 570HD

Hi guys, I recently upgraded my dad's PC from an i3 530 to an i7 860 and from a gt 730 to a EVGA gtx 570HD. Now I was trying to boot the system for the first time after the upgrade, everything seemed to work in the case (all fans blowing also from GPU an CPU, etc.), but my moniter told me that it wasn't receiving any signals from the GPU. I've tested this card in another system with the same psu and worked just fine, do you guys have any suggestions on what to do?

maybe try a fresh windows install, maybe the old drivers are interfering with the new ones? Though this shouldnt be an issue still. When my bros gtx 560 died and i put in an old gt 250 or so just to get the system to be usable  the nvidia drivers uninstalled themselves after the first windows start with the other gpu and i could just install the proper drivers

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

maybe try a fresh windows install, maybe the old drivers are interfering with the new ones? Though this shouldnt be an issue still. When my bros gtx 560 died and i put in an old gt 250 or so just to get the system to be usable  the nvidia drivers uninstalled themselves after the first windows start with the other gpu and i could just install the proper drivers

I'll try that!

does your i7 have onboard gpu? if so then try just connecting the display to the mobo and removing the gpu and see if you get a display output that way, that has to work

3 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

does your i7 have onboard gpu? if so then try just connecting the display to the mobo and removing the gpu and see if you get a display output that way, that has to work

No it doesn't and putting in the old gpu didn't work either.

maybe there is something wrong with the PCIe lane on the mobo rather than the gpu?

Just now, Tiwaz said:

maybe there is something wrong with the PCIe lane on the mobo rather than the gpu?

Well because the old gpu (a gt 730) is still receiving power from the mobo I guess that can't be.