what pc should i use to edit

hey, 

currently i have a old gaming PC and my mom does photography but shes learning to do video editing. she need to edit videos with a 1080p pc and i dont know if my PC is good enough.

My pc has a.....

Amd fx 6300

16gb drr3 ram

gtx 960

120 gb ssd

500gb hard drive  

it depends on what software you use my specs in the pic below are just capable of editing in vegas movie studio platinum 14 but when it comes to higher speced software like adobe premiere i cant even get it to load let alone edit anything 

2017-12-28.png

1 hour ago, SockCollecter said:

hey, 

currently i have a old gaming PC and my mom does photography but shes learning to do video editing. she need to edit videos with a 1080p pc and i dont know if my PC is good enough.

My pc has a.....

Amd fx 6300

16gb drr3 ram

gtx 960

120 gb ssd

500gb hard drive  

Depends on the software and the kind of editing she wants to do. Simple cuts and rendering, will be Ok.  But more serious stuff and there will be performance issues but still workable if she is patient.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins