SSD's keep dying

The full story: I had 3 ssd's in my pc 1 for data 1 for games and 1 for the OS, one ssd died (the data one) and then the next day the other 2 died.

i heard that ocz vertex 2 are dying really quick this time, that doesnt annoy me because i have an backup of all the 3 ssd's on my nas and i got the ssd's for free

i bought an 120gb kingston ssd and i bought 2 2tb hdd's so that worked perfectly fine, until yesterday, my kingston ssd died one me, this ssd was used for i think about 1 year on a other pc and it only lived for about 2 months in my pc

So the question is: Why do my SSD's in my pc keeping dying?

Is there something on your computer that constantly writes data to them? What exactly do you mean by dying?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

The kingston ssd was used as an OS disk and with dying i mean they dont show up in my pc bios they dont show up in other pc's they dont show up in those usb 2.5 inch sata things

the kingston ssd is the same as your ssd in your laptop but it is the 120gb variant for me

In the meanwhile, I haven't yet had a single SSD die on me, even though some of them have been in use almost every day for 5 years. O.o I mean, a 32GB, a 64GB, 4x 120GB, 2x 250GB, 2x 1TB and even the oldest ones still work as if brand-new.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, dev893 said:

wonder if theres a short somewhere frying them, hdds can handle more voltage than an ssd sif your getting voltage spikes that may be it

This is happened to my with 2 diffrent PSU's and diffrent power and data sata cables and i mounted the ssd's in other places

The vertex was prob down to age and the fact that they sucked. Might be a small sample pool but i had 2 vertex die on me in a laptop and PC.

As for the Kingstone: i see it has a sandforce controller, that one has an issue with not showing up with a certain motherboard chipset.

What motherboard do you have?

I believe it was Ivy bridge that caused issues

I use an EX58-Extreme with an xeon x5650 and 18gb ddr3

The Vertex2 is indeed notorious for suddenly dying.  I'm surprised that there are/were any left still. 

I don't have any experience with Kingston, but it sounds like yours is still under warranty.  So I'd get in touch with them and ask for a replacement. 

Or just buy a Samsung.  If that goes wrong too, you know for sure that there's a serious problem with some other hardware.

I don't know if its still under warranty. But i don't wanna have the risk that another ssd just dies. In Febuary i'm buying a new computer and i'll buy an m.2 ssd for it.