Boot looping on my PC...

Ortiz94x

Hey guys I got an AMD build that's boot looping. I'm hoping you guys can help me troubleshoot this problem. 

Specs:

MB: Ga-990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.0 FC BIOs

CPU: AMD FX-6300@4.5GHz

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo (Push and pull)

RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX@1866 10-11-10-30

GPU: GeForce 760 Zotac AMP!

PSU: 900w Antec High-Current-Gamer

SSD: Kingston v300 128GB SATA III

HDD: WD Blue Caviar 1TB 

Anyways I'm overclocking my CPU yes. No throttles no bottlenecks nothing wrong.

Temps never above 51 degrees. 

Everything runs smooth but it boot loops here's a video of what I mean. (Yes it's me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImGqNaoTik

Okay so THIS IS AFTER THE VIDEO I turned on the performance boost turbo whatever it's called and it gets rid of these boot loops 

BUTTTTTT the turbo messes with my stailty and causes my CPU to drop to 3.8GHz and only go back and forth to 4.6GHz when used.

I don't like that because randomly it will drop a few cores to 1.6GHz and it causes heat on my north bridge that I don't need etc.

My motherboard has issues when it changes voltages and frequencies from within Windows that cause throttling and such so I manually

clock everything to avoid overheating and throttles. Is there a way to get rid of these loops without turbo on?

Boot into your Windows disc. Hit repair, advanced options.

Open command prompt and do these 2

chkdsk /F

and

sfc /SCANNOW

Revert back to safe/stable voltages.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Have you tried just plainly running at stock no overclocks what so ever?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

The obvious thing is make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also, isn't that a symptom of "not" being stable after an overclock?

Need more info on your overclock.

Vcore,temps primed/stock, LLC settings and other settings in BIOS.

Did you test it with prime95 for 24 hours? 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Is your PSU maybe failing?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Boot into your Windows disc. Hit repair, advanced options.

Open command prompt and do these 2

chkdsk /F

and

sfc /SCANNOW

I seriously doubt this is a windows issue, and those 2 options take a loooong time to finish.

I seriously doubt this is a windows issue, and those 2 options take a loooong time to finish.

It is more than you would think.

I just repaired 4 of them that were brought into my shop

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I was having similar problem. But my bootlooped only once. The culprit was that my CPU was overclocked to 4.8GHz. I dialed down the overclock to 4.3Ghz and now it works fine. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

any chance you could post the stats of your overclock?

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

My overclock isnt the issue. It's done this from 3.5GHz up to 5.0GHz. Prime95 12 hour test no errors max temp was 55. 

Again, the boot loop is the only issue my overclock is fine... 

In order not to throttle even at stock speeds I need to manually clock my CPU. 

If I put any of settings on auto it throttles my CPU from 3.5GHz to 1GH to 4.1GHz this board is crap.

but here are the stats. http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Ortiz94x/library/Overclock?sort=4&page=1

The only thing that stops the loop boot is turbo boost or whatever but that causes instability with this board.