Intel Haswell-E Engineering Sample With 8 Cores and 3 GHz Clock Speed Spotted – Features 140W TDP and 2133 MHz DDR4 Memory

digitalnav

The flesh is willing but the wallet is weak..  Depending on how much Mantle actually matters and how we see game devs leverage the shit ton of cores that are suddenly in freakin everyting right down to consoles and cell phones, this could be an amazing little chip for gaming and the first time an enthusiast-class intel platform had much of anything to offer to gamers in a longg time.  I better start saving up now..

yeh but for majority of us this chip is still going to be out of the reach because of the price - when they start bringing out affordable 8 cores then i will switch to intel ( as they overall will be superior witht eh 8 core intels over amd) however for now my 8350 is staying strong

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

New socket, new chipset, new everything.

By new socket, do you mean completely new? Or just a 2011 variation like 2011-13?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

By new socket, do you mean completely new? Or just a 2011 variation like 2011-13?

Who knows? If it is still 2011 it wont be compatible with X79 so it really doesnt matter.

Who knows? If it is still 2011 it wont be compatible with X79 so it really doesnt matter.

2011-R3 X99 is the designation... maybe?

2011-R3 X99 is the designation... maybe?

yea the talk a while back when ivy-e launched was 2011-3 something like that, still doesnt really matter though.

You guys realize the 8 core will be a high-end extreme edition right? (i7-5960X). I don't know why everyone is excited this chip is going to be very expensive and probably not worth it in terms of price to performance like most higher end intel chips.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

The article says that Intel is aiming for a 50% IPC improvement. So it will still faster than today's extreme CPUs but clocked lower.

Haswell already set the foundation for haswell-e,50% is most probably not going to happen.Not even near that.

hmm... we shall see.

What you talking about Willies,12 cores are already here but for a price tag of $2749.99 lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116925

There will be 15 cores in Q1 2014.

Haswell already set the foundation for haswell-e,50% is most probably not going to happen.Not even near that.

There will be 15 cores in Q1 2014.

15? Thats a odd number there sir

but there will come!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I was honestly thinking the same thing.  Intel has never used an odd number of cores in their CPU's since the single core days. So I have to say to @Giggitygoebbels "Source" or it wont happen and Haswell-E will not come to the market tell the end of 2014 beginning of 2015, so I also need source on Q1 2014 if I may :) thank you sir.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I was honestly thinking the same thing.  Intel has never used an odd number of cores in their CPU's since the single core days. So I have to say to @Giggitygoebbels "Source" or it wont happen and Haswell-E will not come to the market tell the end of 2014 beginning of 2015, so I also need source on Q1 2014 if I may :) thank you sir.

Yea the other thing is like no matter what people say its going to be like until a slide is leaked from a intel presentation that states the specs nothing is ever set in stone with them, just look at what x&( was supposed to come with when they originally talked about it compared to when it actually came out.

Exactly.The Xeon E7-2890v2 will have 15 cores,I think they expect you to run 2 of them together at least.

Exactly.The Xeon E7-2890v2 will have 15 cores,I think they expect you to run 2 of them together at least.

That is unlikely my best guess would be they tried 16 and well not many at all passed on all 16 but who knows as intel has never really done odd core counts as @ericlee30 mentioned.