Random Crashes and Startup Failures

PaulG|heulboje21

First of my Build is:

i7 7700k cooled by a Kraken x62 on at Strix Z270f Gaming

16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 at 3000 mHz

and a GTX 1060 Strix O6C, along with a 2 TB HDD by Seagate and a 256 GB SSD by Sandisk.

Now to my problems:

On Friday I have delidded my i7, worked fine and dropped between 5 and 20 °Celsius, the computer worked fine after.

Though what I did still notice (yes still, was a problem before and after), was that my PC seems to randomly blue screen during playing games, with some stupid reason.

Also on startup, sometimes my computer tries posting and gets suddenly stuck on my boot drive, not continuing to post.

Now to the latest bits and pieces by crashes:

Computer randomly just shuts down, as if pressing the power button for 5 seconds, whenever I try starting a game.

CPU-Load is at around 30-50% with temps anywhere from 40-50° Celsius.

GPU-Load is at around 99% with temps in the range of 50-60° Celsius.

And then the Computer, after a frozen screen, is just gone. Starting my PC again is no problem, posts mostly fine (apart from the upper mentioned problem, which can be fixed by removing the power plug for a short while, clearing any cache as far as I'm aware), but as soon as I try leveraging any kind of performance from my PC it crashes again.

I don't believe this to be a CPU Issue, if it was it shouldn't even post or work at all.

I don't believe it to be a heat related issue neither, not for the VRMs on the Motherboard (CPU isn't even overclocked right now) nor for any other component.

It might be ram but I find that unlikely, seeing as it is a new kit of Dominators, and the day these start failing is the day pigs fly.

So please, if anyone is able to help me, I'd really appreciate it, I have no Idea anymore, everything on my PC is no older than a year and should still be in working order...

Merry Christmas and PLEASE HAAAAALP!

So as a Update:I just ran Prime 95 für Half an Hour, no Problems, completely stable.

I guess that proves the CPU not being the problem.

So yeah, after trying that I once again opened up Skyrim, the game I first noticed problems in. It runs fine, but I noticed (after laying my Computer sideways) that my PSU-Fan is not spinning. As in not at all. With a 2000 Watt PSU that wouldn't be that big of a problem, a 1060 and not even half utilized 7700k wont draw enough so that the fans would spin but on a 550 Watt PSU? For me the only logical conclusion is that my Power Supply is broken, shutting my Computer down to it overheating. Am I right so far?

Corsair, RM550x but it seems I have been able to fix it thanks to the discord. I mean the PSU Fan still doesn't spin but the system seems stable...