Hissing Noise PC

razorthekid

I started hearing a slight whistle noise coming from my PC a few seconds after it boots up now. I dont believe its a coil whine, or the cpu fan. I have only had my gpu a few months and my cpu cooler for a fee months as well. I have had my power supply for about 3 years maybe longer. Is it the power supply most likely? What should I do. I havent used my pc since cause I dont wanna ruin my build with a faulty power supply.  

3 minutes ago, R001 said:

Record it if you can so people can understand.

Will do, not home atm but will be shortly. Thanks.

4 hours ago, R001 said:

Record it if you can so people can understand.

I uploaded the video showing the sound 

1 hour ago, razorthekid said:

I uploaded the video showing the sound 

Not expert here but that does not sound like my whiny PSU, if I am not wrong about what I am hearing, it sound like a fan problem, wait for the experts :)

Sounds like steam coming out of a pipe, it might also be from air rushing in/out of the case through some hole.

What are your specs? Are you water cooling?

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Sounds like steam coming out of a pipe, it might also be from air rushing in/out of the case through some hole.

What are your specs? Are you water cooling?

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB
Intel i5 6600k 4.2 ghz
16gb DDR4 2400 mhz
Seagate 1TB HDD 7200rpm
WD Blue 2TB HDD 5400rpm
Thermaltake 750w Power Supply
Enermax ETS-T40F-TB
4x Case Fans

When did this start?

How are your case fans configured? (inflow/outflow)

If you listen closely, it sounds like a kettle boiling water.. maybe your PC was just making tea.

Just now, lewdicrous said:

When did this start?

How are your case fans configured? (inflow/outflow)

If you listen closely, it sounds like a kettle boiling water.. maybe your PC was just making tea.

The fans are in the standard places where case fans should be installed. They running at default as well.

Check that nothing is rubbing against the fans. With all your cables hanging all around the place, it might be what's happening. If it isn't it, try to isolate the noise by turning on and off each fan. It sounds like coil whine to me.

4 minutes ago, razorthekid said:

The fans are in the standard places where case fans should be installed. They running at default as well.

Which ones are pull and which ones are push?

1 minute ago, Snipeon said:

Check that nothing is rubbing against the fans. With all your cables hanging all around the place, it might be what's happening. If it isn't it, try to isolate the noise by turning on and off each fan. It sounds like coil whine to me.

This is a possibility as well, try to identify where the sound is most prominent, that should help narrow your field of view

Sounds like coil whine to me. Nothing to worry about, also nothing you can do except maybe exchange the GPU if you can.

1 minute ago, suits said:

Sounds like coil whine to me. Nothing to worry about, also nothing you can do except maybe exchange the GPU if you can.

Is coil whine just more of a pet peeve? or does it affect performance? 

Just now, razorthekid said:

Yeah it's just an annoying noise, it doesn't affect performance. In fact my GTX 1080 that has coil whine vastly overclocks higher than my friends 1080. I eventually put the 1080 in my work pc and put a 1080ti in, but I still game on it occasionally, no affect at all.

Just now, razorthekid said:

Nope, it doesn't affect performance, it's just irritating as hell. Best to make sure it's the GPU that is making the noise though, sometimes fans also do produce coil whine. I won't recommend messing with the GPU to remove the coil whine unless you do know what you're doing, but if it's the fans, it's easy enough to remove.