This many PWM fans with Asus Z270 E? (Fan controlling question/Fan Xpert 4)

Cotroneo
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Regular fan splitters work fine. The rpm is only read from one fan and the signal is duplicated between the fans on the same header.

Hi!

I recently swapped out my Cryorig H5 Universal, for a NH-D15, as well as adding a second case fan for the bottom (7 fans including NH-D15 fans). One of my fans doesn't have an adjustable RPM, and I'm going to swap it out for another Noctua fan. The 2x front intake fans are the same as the exhaust fan, and the 2x bottom intake will be the same.

So, I'm going to be having 7 fans in total — it might seem a bit overkill, but with the limited space for my tower, my 7700K was reaching 85 degrees when playing even the least demanding of games.

Anyway,
I took my computer in to Canada Computers, and after the guy installed my fans, he just used adapters and didn't take fan controlling into consideration. Because of this, only 3 of my fans are recognized.

I have no idea how to build computers, so I'm sorry if this might be a dumb question:
Would I be able to control all the fans with Fan Xpert? I don't think I have enough fan headers, so I was wondering if it's possible to have the 2x intake controlled as one, the 2x bottom intake controlled as one, the exhaust controlled as 1, and the 2 CPU fans controlled as one, essentially turning 7 fans into 4 with the use of splitters.
 All of the fans that I'd be pairing are the same, so it's not mixing different RPMs.

If this is possible, what would I need to buy? 

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. I'm not very experienced in this, so that's why I'm asking you tech-magicians. ;~}

Here's a picture of the fan layout. Like I said: I'll be swapping out the bottom intake (Corsair AF140) with the same Noctua that's beside it.

Also:
Merry Christmas. :~}

Fan setup (1).jpg

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

You have too many fans imo. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Just now, VinsinityKT said:

You have too many fans imo. 

Currently dropped my CPU temp in games from 85 degrees to 65 degrees with my new fans and cooler. My idle temps dropped from 45 to 30. My CPU isn't overclocked; only space for my tower is underneath my desk backed against a wall with a powerbar with everything in my room plugged into. If I could, I'd have my tower on top of my desk, but there just isn't enough room. 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Regular fan splitters work fine. The rpm is only read from one fan and the signal is duplicated between the fans on the same header.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Might want to swap the bottom corsair and noctua fans for your gpu to get more air!

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

On 25.12.2017 at 9:58 PM, Cotroneo said:

Currently dropped my CPU temp in games from 85 degrees to 65 degrees with my new fans and cooler. My idle temps dropped from 45 to 30. My CPU isn't overclocked; only space for my tower is underneath my desk backed against a wall with a powerbar with everything in my room plugged into. If I could, I'd have my tower on top of my desk, but there just isn't enough room. 

Do you control voltages? 7700K is known to be hot. You can lower temps easy by just limiting how high voltages go with load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv