Whea_uncorrectable_error

Here is the bluescreen, i have my coffee lake oc'ed to 4.7ghz at 1.264v ish.

I was playing some pubg, and suddenly, boom bluescreen.

Ive had this oc for about a week now and this is the first bluescreen.

I have hwinfo to launch with windows, and at first temps were 92c!!! I cant understand how that is possible, max voltage in hwinfo was 1.31v, and my cooler can easily handle that. Im now running a stress test with maxtemps around 77c.

Is this bluescreen related to windows or my oc ?

bsv.png

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

3 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

Here is the bluescreen, i have my coffee lake oc'ed to 4.7ghz at 1.264v ish.

I was playing some pubg, and suddenly, boom bluescreen.

Ive had this oc for about a week now and this is the first bluescreen.

I have hwinfo to launch with windows, and at first temps were 92c!!! I cant understand how that is possible, max voltage in hwinfo was 1.31v, and my cooler can easily handle that. Im now running a stress test with maxtemps around 77c.

Is this bluescreen related to windows or my oc ?

bsv.png

Those error codes typically mean your OC has an issue. Run prime95 for a long time and see if it happens again, or turn down the frequency

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Those error codes typically mean your OC has an issue. Run prime95 for a long time and see if it happens again, or turn down the frequency

Im not really comfortable with prime95, heared so many bad things about it. Im just gonna use intels extreme utility, if the oc is unstable it crashes in my experience 

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

1 minute ago, Zmax said:

From what I just read 89 to 90c is about average for oc a 8700k

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-coffee-lake-i7-8700k-cpu,5252-12.html

Well ive never seen this i5 go over 85c with 4.8 and 1.38v

Thats why ive decided to run 4.7 and 1.32v max. Temps never go above 80c.

Edit: Except after the bluescreen where i saw the temps jump to 92c for some odd reason.

14 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

Im not really comfortable with prime95, heared so many bad things about it. Im just gonna use intels extreme utility, if the oc is unstable it crashes in my experience 

prime95 not stable = pc not stable, ive tested plenty of machines on any different oc tools and they all were in the end unstable, all prime does is calculations, if u dont wanna run p95, dont oc... simple also ur crash is due to instability, too little vcore received, its bccode 124

also the higher ur temperature the more vcore is required to keep a chip stable, aswell higher temps are more dangerous with higher amounts of vcore

(◑‿◐)

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

prime95 not stable = pc not stable, ive tested plenty of machines on any different oc tools and they all were in the end unstable, all prime does is calculations, if u dont wanna run p95, dont oc... simple also ur crash is due to instability, too little vcore received, its bccode 124

also the higher ur temperature the more vcore is required to keep a chip stable, aswell higher temps are more dangerous with higher amounts of vcore

Do you have a safe link where i can download prime95 ?

Hi

Found a link for it at  Intel

Do a seach in the site using prime95

This is why i dont like to test with prime, my temps were around 92c :S

Imo it stresses the cpu waaaay to hard

5 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

This is why i dont like to test with prime, my temps were around 92c :S

Imo it stresses the cpu waaaay to hard

get better cooling or dont oc, if u dont wanna prime small fft dont oc.. simple, prime not stable = oc not stable

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

get better cooling or dont oc, if u dont wanna prime small fft dont oc.. simple, prime not stable = oc not stable

kraken x62 is a pretty good cooler, so i dont think its anything wrong with the cooler.... 

1 minute ago, T0MMEN said:

kraken x62 is a pretty good cooler, so i dont think its anything wrong with the cooler.... 

aios do actually pretty bad on intel chips :P had an corsair h80i and h100i and i went down 20*C by going noctua nh-d15

(◑‿◐)

15 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

aios do actually pretty bad on intel chips :P had an corsair h80i and h100i and i went down 20*C by going noctua nh-d15

Dude, thats a cheap 120m aio.... This is a quality 240mm aio :) 

15 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

And also, speaking of intel chips, i had an 4690k running at 4.4ghz with 1.34v no problem. Temps never went above 68c

1 minute ago, T0MMEN said:

Dude, thats a cheap 120m aio.... This is a quality 240mm aio :) 

4_x42-x52-x62-temperature.png

also dont use shitty thermal paste xD

Just now, T0MMEN said:

And also, speaking of intel chips, i had an 4690k running at 4.4ghz with 1.34v no problem. Temps never went above 68c

u should know that u could just have had a chip that didnt need delidding, also the 8000series run hotter ;p u might need a delid if temps are that high or remount

(◑‿◐)

30 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

4_x42-x52-x62-temperature.png

also dont use shitty thermal paste xD

u should know that u could just have had a chip that didnt need delidding, also the 8000series run hotter ;p u might need a delid if temps are that high or remount

Im using some noctua thermalpaste, it does the job imo. 

yeah im thinking about ordering some liquid metal and deliding tool, do u have any links or tips where to buy ? Maybe from ebay ?

23 hours ago, T0MMEN said:

Im using some noctua thermalpaste, it does the job imo. 

yeah im thinking about ordering some liquid metal and deliding tool, do u have any links or tips where to buy ? Maybe from ebay ?

i live in eu, i personally only use arctic silver 5 with the cross method, i tested different application methods and it was a good 5-10*C difference depending on how its applied

it can also be bad mounting tbh, my friend had it too, if u mount a cooler on there make sure to do the screws very slow, 1 turn per screw and slowly tightening it down + keep pressure on the block else u get an uneven mount or bubbles in ur paste

i personally think the noctua thermal paste is shit tbh

(◑‿◐)

On 12/25/2017 at 6:15 PM, EvilCat70 said:

Run prime95 for a long time ...

Please, no.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:29 PM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

On 12/25/2017 at 11:07 PM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

Seriously, stop recommending P95 for newer Intels. It just boosts temps to high and doesn't give any better results than running other tests.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:18 PM, T0MMEN said:

P95 isn't only stress test and sure not the one you should use with Intel CPUs released after Haswell. Aida64 is good one, OCCT is one I use (recommended by OC3D instead of P95). Asus RealBench can also be used.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Please, no.

Seriously, stop recommending P95 for newer Intels. It just boosts temps to high and doesn't give any better results than running other tests.

P95 isn't only stress test and sure not the one you should use with Intel CPUs released after Haswell. Aida64 is good one, OCCT is one I use (recommended by OC3D instead of P95). Asus RealBench can also be used.

ive tried every other stress test, they were all stable on settings that arent really stable on my cpu, no p95 stable  = no stable chip.. simple...  occt sucks and aida64... never had a stable oc looking at those

(◑‿◐)