is my hdd still fine ? i'm planning on buying new ssd , pc feels like a turtle...

dirolas

Hello,

First of all , when i upgraded my pc parts from fx 6300 and some mobo to i5-8400 with pc pro z370 my , reinstalled windows,my pc still feels like a turtle,could that be an issue becouse of hdd ? I'm adding screenshot down below.THanks !

Or maybe i plugged something into wrong section ? Btw i'm keep getting buzzin sounds of my headphones when i plug them in , front panel...

info ssd.png

Your pic shows that you have the drive partitioned into your C: and E: drives.  Have you tried doing a disk cleanup on them?  Since you have it partitioned, you would need to do the cleanup on both partitions since the machine sees them as separate drives.  Then try to do a defrag on them as well and see if that doesn't help.  You would have to do the defrag as separate drives also.

I don't think that it's your processor or anything that's slow, I think upgrading to an ssd might help.

Your hard drive seems fine to me.  If anything, it's a bit cold - it would be best to keep it between 30c and 40c for best long term life.  See the research Google made here https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/disk_failures.pdf , section 3.4

Defragment your hard drives and consider configuring your page file to a fixed size (8-16 GB) before defragmenting, so that once it's set to that size, it won't fragment or be moved to random other places on your hard drive.

For defragmentation, O&O Defrag (shareware or evaluation) is very good. If you want something freeware Defraggler is decent.

Google study extract:

temp.png.f0c394b965e806f77ce1e749b5720787.png