Monitor turns off, graphics card fans go up.

XtremeRampage

So ive had this problem for a while now. One day i was playing a game when all of a sudden my monitor loses signal and my graphics card fans go full speed sounding like a jet engine. I removed my graphics card and ran on integrated graphics and the problem seemed to be fixed. i then put the graphics card back in but was still connected to integrated graphics and this time my monitor didnt lose signal but after a few minutes of being powered on again my graphics card fans went full speed.  i tried setting the fans speed manually and connected my monitor to my graphics card but after a few minutes of being powered on my monitor again lost signal but my graphics card fans stayed the same. Ive sent it in for the 3rd time now and every time is comes back the problem comes back after a few weeks or days. Could it be something else in my computer causing this? IS it a software issue? I have a 650w evga supernova g1 power supply and a Asus gtx 1080 graphics card. maybe its not receiving enough power? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I personally am having a similar problem with my EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid and its been going on and off for a few weeks. (haven't had time to fix it so instead I just don't game).

From the info I have read online, this problem pops up for people since 2012. The issue is always mix between the power supply/power from the wall or something wrong with the video card (like the bios).

I am going to try checking the power since I have it plugged to a uninterruptible power supply tonight. If you are worried about 650W not being enough, please enter your build into pcpartpicker and see if your system uses more power than your power supply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

I'll update if I find anything out or if a solution works for it. I actually already ordered a new graphics card from newegg but I want to see what is the issue before I break a new card due to poor power issues.

Just now, QuirkyRobot said:

I personally am having a similar problem with my EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid and its been going on and off for a few weeks. (haven't had time to fix it so instead I just don't game).

From the info I have read online, this problem pops up for people since 2012. The issue is always mix between the power supply/power from the wall or something wrong with the video card (like the bios).

I am going to try checking the power since I have it plugged to a uninterruptible power supply tonight. If you are worried about 650W not being enough, please enter your build into pcpartpicker and see if your system uses more power than your power supply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

I'll update if I find anything out or if a solution works for it. I actually already ordered a new graphics card from newegg but I want to see what is the issue before I break a new card due to poor power issues.

FYI - my computer works - just the video card chooses to shut off randomly, sometimes I get lucky and with light loads like web browsing/video consumption, the computer runs with no issues. Unfortunately, for my card, it features a water pump, so it is another variable that may be different from your problem.