Were are the phone reviews?

Eduard the weeb
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

5T has been admittedly a lower priority. I used it for a couple weeks (as I do) and I made a bunch of notes, but I didn't have too much to say that I didn't day in the show coverage. 

So I think I'm gonna wait for a new colour or something. 

Okay I love LTT but like god damn are we ever gonna get a full review of the 5T and Razer phone, because other youtubers have had those done for weeks/ months already, Like I know they just finished editing the Razer one because they talked about it on Wan but they didn't talk about the 5t being on floatplane last week I think, but I may be wrong. Anyway is that coming out soon because I am intrested with the 5t.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

unlike every other reviewer, @LinusTechactually spends a couple weeks using the phone as his daily driver. that way he can get an actual understanding of how it compares. otherwise hes just reading a spec sheet and giving a physical description, which would be worthless.

be patient and you'll get a real review that actually has substance

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

unlike every other reviewer, @LinusTechactually spends a couple weeks using the phone as his daily driver. that way he can get an actual understanding of how it compares. otherwise hes just reading a spec sheet and giving a physical description, which would be worthless.

be patient and you'll get a real review that actually has substance

I know but in the unboxing if the razer he said he finished his testing of the 5t which was like 2-3 weeks ago

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

I know but in the unboxing if the razer he said he finished his testing of the 5t which was like 2-3 weeks ago

right, then he has to write the review, film it, which would be difficult seeing as hes been out of the county a couple of times, edit it, which takes a while, upload it to floatplane, and then you'll get it a week later.

be patient

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The main difference between LTT and those reviewers you speak of, is scope. LTT as an entity is far broader in terms of content creation than most reviewers that can sit and review phone after phone, or unbox this and that, etc... 

Whether you view that as an asset or a detriment depends on your perspective and what you're most interested in. Like you, there are certain things that I anticipate from LTT that they don't happen to release, whether that's due to timing, or lack of interest; but LTT has done a fairly respectable job of picking and choosing what reviews to do, what original content to work on, and keeping tabs/having coverage at industry events. 

The other aspect that gets in the way is that even though they have made plenty of hires over time, their on-screen talent is essentially down to Linus and the man can only do so much. There are sprinklings of their other guys every once in awhile, but with Luke on Floatplane, and everyone else having their normal roles to fulfill as well, it leaves something to be desired. Perhaps this is an avenue that will be looked at in the near term, and break down some of the workload in terms of hosting videos, but we shall see.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

right, then he has to write the review, film it, which would be difficult seeing as hes been out of the county a couple of times, edit it, which takes a while, upload it to floatplane, and then you'll get it a week later.

be patient

They finished the razer review already which thats why I am upset because if the 5t review isn't out that would mean it will be over a week till the razer one if they are doing a normal float plane then Ltt release and that is confusing me because if the script was done 3 weeks ago for the 5t it should be done and out and not having it out neither are as relevant and there are already great reviews from MKBHD and Dimittov so it won't do as well as it could have. So what is the point of holdibg it off for so long?

They're not reviewing phones only. It takes them longer to get to them.

Personally I don't find their phone reviews overly great anyway, there are other YouTubers with more experience that IMO have more to offer than an LTT review.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

They're not reviewing phones only. It takes them longer to get to them.

Personally I don't find their phone reviews overly great anyway, there are other YouTubers with more experience that IMO have more to offer than an LTT review.

I get that but Hardware Canucks for ex has a smaller 3 person team yet can get a good schudule done and has a extremly good review of the 5t and has reviewed other products then phones.

5T has been admittedly a lower priority. I used it for a couple weeks (as I do) and I made a bunch of notes, but I didn't have too much to say that I didn't day in the show coverage. 

Just now, LinusTech said:

Oh okay thank you.

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

The king has spoken

|Specs in profile|

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I get that but Hardware Canucks for ex has a smaller 3 person team yet can get a good schudule done and has a extremly good review of the 5t and has reviewed other products then phones.

They have one channel. How many is under the LTT umbrella again?

He also doesn't do as extravagant of videos. Just well put together reviews.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

They have one channel. How many is under the LTT umbrella again?

He also doesn't do as extravagant of videos. Just well put together reviews.

Ltt has 4 channels 2 are really inconsiet ( cat tips and Csf ) 

Yeah there videos are really put together well, but don't have the flare similar to a LTT video.

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Ltt has 4 channels 2 are really inconsiet ( cat tips and Csf ) 

Yeah there videos are really put together well, but don't have the flare similar to a LTT video.

That and the scope of them. Linus goes off to other countries to tour, review, etc. He does huge projects like ScrapYard Wars. You don't see that kind of thing from Dmitri.

I do, however, like a lot of his videos more than the LTT equivalents. I find his reviews better. I also like how he pointed out flaws in the new R6, whereas Jay just drooled over it. Both were great videos, but it just shows you really need to look at more than once source when considering stuff like that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler