How to best catch up on the last 6 months of Tech

MrDynamicMan

Heyo guys, Im back after a very long Hiatus. I really want to catch back up with the tech world, and need a good site/youtube channel to trawl through. Looking for short, informative, and relevant articles/videos to catch me up, because, sorry, but Linus's semi-vloggy whatever style has too much crap to cut through to get to the actual information now.

Thanks,

Dynamic

- snip-

Intel has new 8th gen Core i series CPUs with 6 cores instead of 4.

AMD's Ryzen made a splash in the CPU world with 4 to 8 core CPUs, all over clockable for less money than Intels flagships at each price point.

Vega came and flopped.

Nvidia still holds the crown with the GTX 1080 TI, and they have a new $3000 dollar Titan V which is meant for AI applications rather than gaming.

DDR4 Ram is very pricey.  Graphics cards are overpriced due to Cryptomining.

And bitcoin went from $1,000 to $17,500 in the last year or so.

Thats about it.

10 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Heyo guys, Im back after a very long Hiatus. I really want to catch back up with the tech world, and need a good site/youtube channel to trawl through. Looking for short, informative, and relevant articles/videos to catch me up, because, sorry, but Linus's semi-vloggy whatever style has too much crap to cut through to get to the actual information now.

Thanks,

Dynamic

just read the form an watch jayz2cents  but there is not really much going on it's just like: Intel did what they always do ryzen tried to changed that but it was more hype than glory IMO, nvidea realised the 1070ti which is a 1080 chip in a 1070 and ram price will be normal in 2019

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

8 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

GN has a hardware news recap

but you'd have to make your own playlist

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

My favorite tech tubers are Linus, JayzTwoCents, BitWit, Hardware Canucks, Science Studio, and Level1Techs...

Between all of them, you'll have plenty of content to enjoy, which will catch you up quickly.  I just got back into being a Computer Geek too, but I did so in April.

41 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Thanks,

Dynamic

If you can filter through the articles written as paid promotions of gadgets (read: illegally written advertisement articles not labeled as such) then my favorite sites to play tech catch-up are The Verge and Engadget, both of which have YouTube channels as well. They mostly cover devices and gadget though, and not so much tech trends, but I find their launch day and conference wrap-up videos to be very informative, cutting down what would have been a 1-2 hour keynote speech to under 10 minutes sometimes.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

20 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Have and really like it. Thanks! 

They sometimes go "overboard" technically, but even when they do it's still VERY interesting!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !