Corsair HAF 932 Adv. Whining and crying sidefan

HeftyNugget
Go to solution Solved by HeftyNugget,

GUESS I WON'T BE NEEDING ANY IMMEDIATE HELP AFTERALL, thanks guys tho.

For anyone aiming to get Corsair HAF932-Adv.. Don't f'in bother, Corsair makes terrible products - keycaps on their keyboards are unreadable after 4 months of usage and the PC case's stock fans are noisier than ancient PSU's coils.

I've built this PC about 3 years ago and since then it's been just perfect for the most part.

Few months ago I've noticed that my PC is making a sound that is similar to coil whine, so I've quickly went behind my PC and started listening to the sound my PSU makes... which was flat-out silent.
It didn't bug me that much because I was busy with university, so I didn't have time to investigate futher... but now it's driving me crazy and I've managed to locate the source of sound.

Turns out, my case's side-fan is making all that noise and I have no clue why and how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

Just now, Netheous said:

I've built this PC about 3 years ago and since then it's been just perfect for the most part.

Few months ago I've noticed that my PC is making a sound that is similar to coil whine, so I've quickly went behind my PC and started listening to the sound my PSU makes... which was flat-out silent.
It didn't bug me that much because I was busy with university, so I didn't have time to investigate futher... but now it's driving me crazy and I've managed to locate the source of sound.

Turns out, my case's side-fan is making all that noise and I have no clue why and how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Replace the side fan. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Just now, Killstreak said:

Replace the side fan. 

Anything I can do now before it makes me go insane?

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Unplug the side-fan.

I'm right ahead of you - my GPU temps went instantly from 42'C to 60'C, I guess it's time to enable GPU fans instead.

For anyone aiming to get Corsair HAF932-Adv.. Don't f'in bother, Corsair makes terrible products - keycaps on their keyboards are unreadable after 4 months of usage and the PC case's stock fans are noisier than ancient PSU's coils.

5 minutes ago, Netheous said:

I love my HAF X (the same case basically). It’s a bloody nightmare to work in but once it’s done it’s amazing. I got it cheap too since they’re old. 6 years is about when a fan will go bad... they’re cheap components and cheap to replace. 

This is like saying your Ferrari is a crap car because the tire wore down over time

That's an F in the profile pic

3 hours ago, Netheous said:

Any pc can be great! But you have to tune it perfectly. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |