Dead motherboard?

i just sold my cpu motherboard and ram. When he got it it wouldnt boot even tho i just took it out of my pc, he says it will turn on for a longer time if the pc is laying down rather than standing up. He got a friend to look at it and he says that the motherboard is dead. Any idea why this happens? and is there anything i can do with it.

Btw the cmos battery has been out for 1 year nothing has been a problem for me

Sounds to me like a BS story. If it works standing up but not laying flat that means something is shorting on the back of the board. Probably too many standoffs or none at all. Could be that they killed the board with their incompetence. Not something they can get back at you for. If it left your place in working order and was packaged properly, it's their problem now.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

30 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

was packaged properly

I know have this picture of OP rubbing his feet which are wearing wool socks along the carpet as he walks to the door, carrying his naked motherboard in his hands.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

indeed, people need to be carefully with mainboards, the can be destroyed easyely.

It maybe is the cpu cooler and cpu not fitted properly , but many times the standoffs are bring trouble as mentioned.

They should check the PSU also, try to boot with some hardrive coonected as some psu wont start easy if theres not much connected.

Also check again the cabling to the switches and leds on the case, it happen that colors are wrong by the manufactory so dont trust that 100%.