Need help on building gaming pc 1st time

I need help on building a gaming pc.

I wont overclock and doesnt matter amd or intel cpu as long as performance per price is good and i want the gtx 1070 for sure. I would like to play on 1440p monitor but dont wanna go above 1400 euros if otherwisr 1080p monitor is ok but want above 60 fps i live in belgium btw. Thank u guys :)

If the monitor is part of the budget this is a little over, but you're talking huge sacrifices to save that 26 Euro to get under 1400 Euro.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  (€239.94 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€103.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€154.73 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€47.86 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  (€439.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  (€79.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Super Flower - Golden Green HX 450W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Monitor: Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75Hz Monitor  (€286.91 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1426.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-18 20:37 CET+0100

If it its just 26€ then its ok so will the gpu fit in the case and could u include a cooling for the cpu *no water cooling*

You can find cheaper cpu coolers, but from what I've heard, there's isn't a better air cooling fan right now.

20 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

If it its just 26€ then its ok so will the gpu fit in the case and could u include a cooling for the cpu *no water cooling*

Just use the stock cooler. There is no reason for aftermarket cooling on a locked processor.

47 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Just use the stock cooler. There is no reason for aftermarket cooling on a locked processor.

So i am gonna order these per 2-3 and the cpu and gpu after another i cant buy these in one go and i am really gonna buy these if u say BUY THOSE :)

2 hours ago, Djesur Feim said:

So i am gonna order these per 2-3 and the cpu and gpu after another i cant buy these in one go and i am really gonna buy these if u say BUY THOSE :)

I'd buy all at once if at all possible. If you're not planning on buying your system now Q1 2018 is supposed to bring H-series motherboards for the Intel 8000 series cpus, which could shave maybe 50 Euro off the price. There is not a lot of reason for buying a Z370 motherboard to use with a locked i5-8400 once the H310 and H370 boards come out. Of course right now you're stuck with the Z370 boards. Plus right now RAM prices are obscenely high.

You should also research if there are any other cases you like in your budget. I went with the Phanteks P400S because they're really nice quality for the price and look great, but you might find something you think looks better or something cheaper that you like.

You might also see if you can find a monitor you'd like better. The one I suggested is a TN panel with a fast response time and a 75 Hz refresh rate, but TN has a downside in that colors aren't as vibrant as IPS and the picture looks bad if you're looking at it off angle (then again when are you going to be looking at any angle other than straight ahead when PC gaming). You'll probably pay a little more for an IPS panel and might have to go with a 60 Hz refresh rate, but that's still solid too. I was just giving a quick outline of the kind of 1440p system you could build for 1400 Euro.

As he said, I'd definitely look for a cheaper case with good air flow and cable management.  You can usually find a few for somewhere around $50.  As for an intel build, I'd go with Ryzen right now since the AM4 is looking like it might have a better upgrade path than the 1151 300 mobos. I'm playing it safe right now and sticking with my 2500k until I have to upgrade because I'm cheap.  The newest thing I have is a GTX 1060 and the only reason I bought it was because I got it used for $175 lol

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Long Live Sandy Bridge

Still running beautifully.  I can run almost every game I own at max settings with 60+ fps at 1080p.  I don't need much more than that right now.

1 minute ago, Nvidiot said:

Still running beautifully.  I can run almost every game I own at max settings with 60+ fps at 1080p.  I don't need much more than that right now.

I have an i5-2430M in my laptop and I'm looking to upgrade it by this time next year haha. Mostly because other parts of my laptop are starting to show signs of aging; about a month ago my USB 2.0 controller died on me and a few weeks after that my internet started randomly being slow with small spikes of normal speed. Got nothing against the architecture(I'd be happy to use this laptop for a few more years), but as I have a new(still old) GPU for my desktop, I'd like to upgrade that and use it more often.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Nvidiot said:

As he said, I'd definitely look for a cheaper case with good air flow and cable management.  You can usually find a few for somewhere around $50.  As for an intel build, I'd go with Ryzen right now since the AM4 is looking like it might have a better upgrade path than the 1151 300 mobos. I'm playing it safe right now and sticking with my 2500k until I have to upgrade because I'm cheap.  The newest thing I have is a GTX 1060 and the only reason I bought it was because I got it used for $175 lol

What upgrade path would you need with an Intel hexacore? That i5-8400 is still probably going to be a strong cpu in five years. It may only have a 2.8 GHz base clock but I think it was Hardware Unboxed who said the chip runs at 3.8 GHz on all six cores when under load on every Z370 board they tried. I mean that's a seriously strong cpu. Plus the pace of improvement in cpus has been glacial this decade, evidenced by the R5-1600 and i5-8400 being the first big bumps in cpu power at $200 since your i5-2500k in early 2011. His only reasonable upgrade path would probably be a 250GB to 500GB SSD later on and a new gpu in say three years.

Not what I meant.  More like, if he was looking to upgrade down the line and not have to spend so much money.  I'd already have an 8th gen if I wasn't the cheapest b****rd on the planet.  The problem with that is I'd rather not buy a new motherboard every time I want to upgrade.  I'll more than likely get a Coffee Lake next year when they release 9th gen chips or buy one of the mid range ryzen chips after the release of Ryzen 2.0.

11 hours ago, Nvidiot said:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2725976/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-compatibility-lga1151.html But if you want to stay safe, you can stick with the stock cooler.  Worst comes to worst you can buy an aftermarket cooler but I'd be more worried about chassis fans then the cpu fan.

Y would u worrir about thr chassis fans

6 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

Y would u worrir about thr chassis fans

A 1070 gives off a lot of heat.

5 minutes ago, Nvidiot said:

A 1070 gives off a lot of heat.

Yea but wouldnt case fans help too

19 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

Yea but wouldnt case fans help too

The case is the chassis

58 minutes ago, Nvidiot said:

The case is the chassis

I couldnt get it man what do u mean

Just now, Djesur Feim said:

I couldnt get it man what do u mean

I mean the fans will help tho i know that a chassis is case btw i mean fans will suck cold air in and blow out warm air