"Ubuntu Touch OS phones coming from unnamed OEM next year"

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/10/5198062/ubuntu-touch-os-phones-coming-from-unnamed-oem-next-year

Xv01-02_18-00-0720_large_verge_medium_la

Canonical's Ubuntu Touch operating system will be headed to mobile phones made by a mystery hardware manufacturer, the company said today. Speaking to CNET, founder Mark Shuttleworth said Canonical's made an agreement with an unnamed smartphone maker to get the operating system on "high-end" phones sometime next year.

It lives! It's great to see the official Ubuntu phone getting life pumped back into it, because I was personally very excited for this phone, and I'm sure many of you were as well. The OEM is currently unannounced, so we'll just have to wait and see who it's going to be. Hopefully it's somebody good!

COMIC SANS

Hopefully it will be x86 based? Or am I thinking of something else

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I thought you could already install it on a nexus 4. It is on the ubuntu website.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I thought you could already install it on a nexus 4. It is on the ubuntu website.

You can install the Ubuntu OS onto a phone that it's compatible with, but this is the official Ubuntu phone, both hardware wise and software wise.

COMIC SANS

Looks like a Nexus...

That's because it is. They've developed it on the Nexus devices. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Looks like a Nexus...

That's because it IS the galaxy nexus, the only phone officially supporting ubuntu touch.  And you really think google, the owner of Android wants to help another mobile OS?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place