What are the layouts of the 3 prongs on a psu?

oofmaster64

Weird question you may think but, I was wondering what is the layout of the 3 prongs on the psu. (ground, positive, negative)

815122d8ae62bdee221a8605f2e111ff.png

I believe the 2 recessed ones to be 'hot', and the larger middle one to be ground/safety.
There is no positive / negative lead on AC cords / equipment.

Note: I am not an electrician. Also, don't try stupid things with 120/230 V AC. You will fry yourself

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

I am an electrician. Yes electricity is dangerous, treat it with respect.

The two recessed ones are for the hot and neutral, while the single, likely larger one, is ground.

If you have a meter you can ohm out the cable to see which hot/neutral lands where. I'm sure some google fu will provide a better answer.

EDIT:

Following the picture you provided...With a US 120V supply. The left is the hot, center higher longer is the grounding, and the right is the neutral.

4 hours ago, oofmaster64 said:

Weird question you may think but, I was wondering what is the layout of the 3 prongs on the psu. (ground, positive, negative)

815122d8ae62bdee221a8605f2e111ff.png

If you look into the receptacle with a flashlight, you'll see that they're probably actually labeled.  It is most certainly labeled on your plug as it is required by safety certification bodies.

In your picture, left is LINE, right is NEUTRAL and center is GROUND (Earth).

51141f68ce395f7d7e00000c.jpg