low Graphics Card RAM

pomkon

Rx460 has 2gb & 4gb version. At what applications & games would it uses more than 3g and close of 4g of ram??

For games with vey high textures or high resolution, but i think for this caliber card 2gb is enough, if the 4gb one is much more expensive.

To the level of performance of RX460/RX560 processing chip the extra 2gb of vram makes no difference at all.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

In games if u enable High quality Texture and Shadows which has no impact on perfomance but eat a lot of Vram.

Also If u use triple buffering.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 hours ago, Hiya! said:

triple buffering.

1st time hearing it.

so vsync = double buffering but the graphics card dont have to do extra work

but in triple buffering, graphics cards have more information to process?

4 hours ago, pomkon said:

1st time hearing it.

so vsync = double buffering but the graphics card dont have to do extra work

but in triple buffering, graphics cards have more information to process?

Yes because it adds 2 Layer of back buffer instead of one thus increases the Vram usage to store the Frames.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

15 hours ago, pomkon said:

read up on things for my curiosity but gives no actual benefit to my life

https://www.anandtech.com/show/2794/2

Well haha at least you have more knowledge now :P

Triple buffering will give u a tearing free with minimal input lag as though u set the V-sync off.

But with a really fast GPU those frame buffer can fill up and create backpressure so yeah it add more latency all over again.

Nvidia has a solution for this called fast sync its really similar to triple buffering but when the frame buffer is full and there's no more back buffer to fill they discard the previous frame on the back buffer and fill it with a new one.

Its not a good solution because u are missing frames hence create weird micro stuttering as though u play a games with frame skipping.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I don't know if this is accurate but I heard from some sources that the VRAM impacts performance in only a couple of games for now: GTA V and DOOM. Not sure though.

10 minutes ago, Ansger said:

I don't know if this is accurate but I heard from some sources that the VRAM impacts performance in only a couple of games for now: GTA V and DOOM. Not sure though.

While not a perfect match (similar performance), my old hd6970 2gb I replaced last year was pretty trash with 2gb frame buffer for some newer games FO4, Wolfenstein, X rebirth (fucking weird how much vram that uses) and a couple others and sorta Dirt 3 last one depended on the settings alot.

get 4gb, also 460 performance is garbage, get a 470 or 1050ti (its only a little more, just don't eat out a couple times or something) Unless you're in Aus where the 560 4g and 105ti are the same price

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

On 19/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Hiya! said:

Well haha at least you have more knowledge now :P

Triple buffering will give u a tearing free with minimal input lag as though u set the V-sync off.

But with a really fast GPU those frame buffer can fill up and create backpressure so yeah it add more latency all over again.

Nvidia has a solution for this called fast sync its really similar to triple buffering but when the frame buffer is full and there's no more back buffer to fill they discard the previous frame on the back buffer and fill it with a new one.

Its not a good solution because u are missing frames hence create weird micro stuttering as though u play a games with frame skipping.

do u always turn triple buffering / nvidia fast sync on if there is enough vram? 

2 minutes ago, pomkon said:

do u always turn triple buffering / nvidia fast sync on if there is enough vram? 

You can only use one  as for Vram usage.

If you didnt hit lets say u have 3GB of vram and when u play the games the vram usage is 2900mb.

Then u might dont want to use triple buffering but if there's enough Vram to spare then u could use it.

Its not really a big deal with modern hardware.

Triple buffering has been around for quite long when GPU vram is still 512MB but its not a big deal for modern hardware.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]