[WIP] Dark Ocean: Update 6 Blue GTX

Hi guy's,

My build is up and running, isn't finished complete but for now it will do. Some stuff needs to be changed, any input is always welcome.
I'll be putting new updates in my op every time i progres.
For now these r the speccs:

Case: Cooler Master N200 -> Corsair Carbide Air 540
PSU: Corsair RM650
CPU: Intel Core I5-4430 @ 3GHz -> Intel Core I5 4670 @ 3,4 GHz
MB: Gigabyte H87M-D3H
MEM: 16GB (4x4GB) Kingston Hyper-X blu 1333MHz -> 16GB (4x4GB) Avexir Core Series 1600MHz Blue LED
GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 reference
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Z -> Changed the red LED's to blue LED's and painted the shroud with a mat blue finish.
Storage: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M
Case cooling: 6 x Corsair AF120 blu LED
Monitor: LG 27EA63 + LG 22EN43
Keyboard: Steelseries APEX
Mouse: Logitech G500
Headset: Sennheiser PC 320
Speakers: Logitech Z-2300

Some pics of my build. Sorry for the poor quality but i'm not a pro camera guy :-)

jyoj.jpg

juaw.jpg

z5sa.jpg

v4hi.jpg

a8ov.jpg

isy0.jpg

The first thing i'm gonna change is the red LED on my soundcard. Gonna try and change it to a blue one. And paint the shroud blue.
After that i'm planning on doing a full custom loop, but not shure i'm gonna do it in this case tbh.

grz

Update:

So i finaly got to the next step in my build.
Changing the LED's on the soundcard and boy that turned out nice :-) realy happy with the result.

Enjoy.

1e7k.jpg

qhd4.jpg

ekqp.jpg

n655.jpg

bhoj.jpg

qxue.jpg

Need to clip the wires of the led's a bit more. this was just to c if it all worked and i didn't damage the card :-) but it all turned out fine
and it's working like a charm.

That's it for today. Next week i'll be painting the shroud blue, and gonna order my liquid cooling components.

i'll keep posting pictures of my progres.

Update:

Today i painted the shroud on my soundcard and did some more cable management.

6hey.jpg

epv0.jpg

tpty.jpg

hn4j.jpg

6bov.jpg

2mn5.jpg

Next up is to do some more research on the water cooling components.
Somewhere next week the order will go out.
For now this is it.
Until next time.

Update:

Small update, changed the CPU and the RAM.
CPU: Intel Core I5-4670 -> i needed a cpu for my HTPC so i took out the 4430 and bought a 4670 for this build.
RAM: Avexir Core Series 1600 MHz Blue LED -> Finally got my hands on this set, very nice match with the rest of my build. Hard to take pictures of cause they flash random. :-)

8o3m.jpg

2iwi.jpg

vjof.jpg

h4qz.jpg

Next up is the liquid loop. Somewhere next week the parts r starting to arrive. Ordered from different websites so not gonna be here all at once.
I'm going to use my current case :Pso thats gonna be a challenge but it's gonna look so nice when it's done. 
Stay tuned :)

Update:

due to some issues at work i didn't had much time to work on my rig. Now i finally have some more time again so it's time to do some work on the build.

I had a good long think where i want to go with this. I did some measuring and i came to the conclusion that the N200 is just not big enough for a nice custom loop.
So i did some research for another case. i cancelled my order for the water components. Did a new order and ...

9h8o.jpg

Here it is. The first of many packages. The Corsair Carbide Air 540.

When linus did the overview of this case i just loved it. Support for 360 mm and 240 mm rad, much place for a nice ress and pump. And a butload of cable management space.
I also got some cable sleeving material. 
So keep tuned guy's the updates r comming. 

Update:

v1ww.jpg

For monitoring during overclocking a second screen is very helpfull.

zwz5.jpg

I got a stable +165MHz on the core and a +310MHz on the memory. Running the card at core: 1123 MHz and the memory: 3314 MHz without touching the voltage.

So i'll prly get some more out of it when i liquid cool it.

xaqx.jpg

The finished build. Lol makes me regret ever go with a Micro-ATX MB  :P

Maybe next gen upgrade don't know yet. It does the trick for now.
Some nice blue sleeved cables finishes it all of real nice.

kaat.jpg

The back-side is actualy made for 140mm but untill i can start building my loop this will have to do.

1ttj.jpg

Don't need extra lighting in the case at this point. 6 led fans do the trick  :)

ddhw.jpg

Also front I/O panel cables r sleeved.

2pbx.jpg

Final shot of the build before i start on the loop. According to my track and trace my rads and res will comme tomorrow.
Stay tuned ;)

Update:

time to do some more work.

zn6k.jpg

Let's do something about the all black front  :)

9kj5.jpg

First lets take it all appart.

zwcf.jpg

Some sanding and cleaning

0i50.jpg

by4q.jpg

A bit of paint on both of them.

pcq2.jpg

And now time to dry.

zddy.jpg

Oh god that looks good :-) really happy with the result. Could be that i decide to go a bit darker. But we'll c once it's installed.

oni5.jpg

All together again  :) good result.

Until next time!!!

Update:

This isn't an actual update, more something i wanted to try out while waiting for all my LC parts.
Something many of us would love to do but don't want to start doing it  :P
So here goes.

Let's change the color on the Geforce GTX 780. I love the look of the cooler but the green light doesn't fit in every theme. 

z2ge.jpg

Thats wat we r going to change.

zmwd.jpg

Don't need to take of the entire heatsink. just the shroud of the cooler.

jtru.jpg

Thats the part we want :-)

13df.jpg

Just pop it out, it isn't even glued in or anything. just pres it out.

9cwn.jpg

Take a light grain sanding paper and sand of the paint. wat you get is a grey/white clearish rubber. 

It's just a thin layer of paint you need to take of. The rubber isn't colored so it's an easy job taking it of.

kl22.jpg

Then you take some lightbulb paint and make it the color you want.

qnp0.jpg

put it back in to the thingy  :P

a4hp.jpg

Assemble the cooler again and ... done :-p

Only missing my pump and tubing before i can start building my loop.
Stay tuned :-)

Edited by ArumanBE

its all freaking awesome

only thing i would complain about would make me a huge snob

My only complaint or constructive criticism is the cable management in the bottom right

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

My only complaint or constructive criticism is the cable management in the bottom right

I know, thats one of the points on the to do list :-) need to do those cables a bit better. you r absolutely right.

Green, red and blue theme? Nice though.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Green, red and blue theme? Nice though.

The red LED is from the soundcard. Can't shut it off. It's a card i won with a contest. gonna try and mod it so it has a blue LED and the red shroud is going to be painted.

I took the reference GTX 780 cause in the near future i'm gonna liquid cool it so the green light will be removed also.

Very nice....I forgot to read the spec list so for the love of awesomeness...he has a titan :)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

the ram will be slower with 4 sticks 

the ram will be slower with 4 sticks 

i could take out a set. 8GB is more then enough for gaming but would it realy make a diference?

That case is pretty neat is it not ?, i am scheduled to build in that next week for a friend, anything in particular i should know?, very nice rig, that red LED really pokes your eye tho.

i could take out a set. 8GB is more then enough for gaming but would it realy make a diference?

not alot its like 5% I think 

That case is pretty neat is it not ?, i am scheduled to build in that next week for a friend, anything in particular i should know?, very nice rig, that red LED really pokes your eye tho.

The case is awesome for it's price. The only downside is that you don't have much room behind the motherboard tray for cables (that's why i took a psu with flat cables) and you don't have a cutout in the top for the 8 pin power connector. I routed the 8 pin cable directly behind the motherboard. That was possible because of the flat cables that came with my psu. If you don't have flat cables you'll have to route it in sight.

not alot its like 5% I think 

that's not much. i'll leave them in then. But it's good to know for any future ram purchase. 

The red LED is from the soundcard. Can't shut it off. It's a card i won with a contest. gonna try and mod it so it has a blue LED and the red shroud is going to be painted.

I took the reference GTX 780 cause in the near future i'm gonna liquid cool it so the green light will be removed also.

Thats fair enough, its a simple enough changing the led if you have a soldering iron just be careful as it is a small working space. should look deadly when your finished.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

• 1 month later...

Thats fair enough, its a simple enough changing the led if you have a soldering iron just be careful as it is a small working space. should look deadly when your finished.

it was indeed an easy job to do. And the result is absolutely awesome :)

it was indeed an easy job to do. And the result is absolutely awesome :)

Nice job.

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of paint did you use on your Sound Blaster Z?

I used Motip CARAT mat blue

Small new update. Look OP for pictures. 
Thx for watching!!!

Very nice, love that case! What temps are you getting on CPU and GPU? 

The only thing that confuses me is your choice to do a custom loop when you have a locked CPU, unless you will be doing it for GPU too? Did you want to optimize this build for silence since your going for a custom loop?

i5-4570 I CM Hyper 212 Evo I Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM I Asus H87M-Pro I MSI R9-280X Twin Frozr I
Plextor M5S 128GB SSD I WD Blue 500GB HDDVantec Voltra 550W I Antec GX700 Modded

Like it, nice touches with the custom work to the sound card and everything, if your really good at soldering and electical maybe in the future you can get your own cable kits and sleaving and make custom length cable and custom sleaving.

everything looks good, well done.

got to love Asus components

Very nice, love that case! What temps are you getting on CPU and GPU? The only thing that confuses me is your choice to do a custom loop when you have a locked CPU, unless you will be doing it for GPU too? Did you want to optimize this build for silence since your going for a custom loop?
The custom loop is to get a complete silent pc and to overclock the gpu. Atm temps for cpu under load is 42° and the gpu at stock clocks 60° (with custom fan curve)